Windows 10: Authentication to domain without joining

Discus and support Authentication to domain without joining in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; as my subjects states I am looking to see if it is possible to Authenticate to a domain without joining. I am looking to be able to use my surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darkschneider94, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Authentication to domain without joining

as my subjects states I am looking to see if it is possible to Authenticate to a domain without joining.

I am looking to be able to use my surface pro 4 device at some of our clients without having to join my device to any domain. even at my shop. where I could use one of our old server blades as a lab for testing things.

I know my co worker was looking into something like this as well, I would like to keep all the group policy's and all that jazz off my own personal device but still be able to use active directory.

If that makes any sense.

:)

darkschneider94, Jan 23, 2017

2. Join domain option missing

You need to be logged on as a local administrator

Contact the domain administrator for specifics

Join a Windows 10 PC or Device to a Domain. On the Windows 10 PC go to then click Join a domain. Enter the Domain name and click Next. You should have the correct domain info, but if not, contact your Network Administrator. Enter account
    information which is used to authenticate on the Domain then click OK.

How to Join a Windows 10 PC to
    a Domain -
    groovyPost

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 23, 2017
  3. RSA SecuriD

Trying to use RSA SecurID Authentication Agent 7.2.1 with windows 10. I can log in but if I lock the desktop the option to log back in is not available. It just shows the currently logged in user without providing the login dialog. Computer is Domain Joined.

JDAServerAdmin, Jan 23, 2017
  4. eddie563 Win User

Authentication to domain without joining

of course, i used to use a shortcut to the MMC.msc that i had customised to runas and enter the domain credentials when prompted.

configure one of these for each customer or domain you wish and off you go. this was back in the 2k3 days but there are newer ways using the same methodology such as the below.

Run Active Directory Management Tools as Another User | Sigkill IT

to further add, you can do the same with scripts to map network drives that you can run when you are on site also, same idea really. you can authenticate against any resource on a domain or lan as long as you have credentials with permissions to do so regardless of your local machines status.

eddie563, Jan 23, 2017
  5. GregoryP Win User
    access to file shares is easy

DOMAIN\USER_NAME

GregoryP, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Thanks Eddie I will be looking into this way more for sure, awesome stuff. Things for me to be looking into and working on Love it.

darkschneider94, Jan 27, 2017
  7. miccim Win User
    comtarsia logon client can logon to a domain without joning!

miccim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Authentication to domain without joining

1. Authentication to domain without joining - Similar Threads - Authentication domain without

2. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  3. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  4. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  7. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  8. Cant join domain

9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Domain Joining error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...