Windows 10: Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout

Discus and support Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using Authenticator app for 2FA and up till now worked fine - I would get a request in the app to confirm the number displayed in browser and then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rayreg36, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Rayreg36 Win User

Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout

I'm using Authenticator app for 2FA and up till now worked fine - I would get a request in the app to confirm the number displayed in browser and then confirm with my fingerprint. However recently everytime a request is triggered, the number flashes for second and then automatically fails to "Request Timeout" message. I still get the request in the app but its too late by then.

To log in I have to re-enter my password and then enter the One-time password code in the app.

I tried the following:

• removing the accounts from the app,
    • removing the app and re-installing it and re-adding the account
    • disabling and then re-enabling MFA in security settings in my account

:)

Rayreg36, Apr 17, 2020

2. Microsoft Authenticator will not automatically detect the sign in request starting today......

It worked all the time before up until today when I try to sign into my outlook.com and there is no two step authenticator sign in request received on my iphone. But if I go into the Microsoft Authenticator app itself and click check for notifications,
    I then receive the sign in request. But what I want is the old behavior where the notification will show up automatically. (I did not turn off Microsoft Authenticator notification, the notification in the iphone setting app are all enabled.)

宇宇謙謙謙郭k, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Ebojager Win User
    Microsoft 2 Step authentication on Android MROBE request

So I enabled 2 step authentication and downloaded the authentication apps on my Windows phone and my android tablet. When starting my tablet I get am authentication request for my Microsoft account from MROBE that says I need to authenticate. Any ideas
    what this MROBE thing does?

Ebojager, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout - Similar Threads - Authenticator App Automatic

2. Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator unknown sign in requests: When I start my Windows PC I get a logon on popup and a Authenticator request on my phone.I have more jobs and thus more MS work accounts and also a private MS account, but this request is for a work account that I should not use on this PC, so I want to kill the process/app...
  3. Sign in request in authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in request in authenticator app: Since yesterday there were 2 sign in requests in my Microsoft authenticator app. I have had my Microsoft account for over 10 years and never had this happen before.My password is safe and there is no way anyone knows it.How do they get the sign in request to the authenticator...
  4. Sign in request in authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in request in authenticator app: Since yesterday there were 2 sign in requests in my Microsoft authenticator app. I have had my Microsoft account for over 10 years and never had this happen before.My password is safe and there is no way anyone knows it.How do they get the sign in request to the authenticator...
  5. Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout on Microsoft Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout on Microsoft Browser: I got a new Microsoft Surface and now using Microsoft Edge. Every time I submit a request for MFA, it gives me an automatic request timeout just 2 seconds after my request. I use MFA is required for all transactions every 20 minutes of my work....
  6. Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout on Microsoft Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout on Microsoft Browser: I got a new Microsoft Surface and now using Microsoft Edge. Every time I submit a request for MFA, it gives me an automatic request timeout just 2 seconds after my request. I use MFA is required for all transactions every 20 minutes of my work....
  7. Authenticator App - Automatic Request Timeout on Microsoft Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. microsoft authenticator unknown sign in requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft authenticator unknown sign in requests: Every now and then I get on my Windows PC an unknown sign in request see screenshot below.I have no idea what application is doing it and why.The approve prompt on the phone MS Authenticator app does give any details either.How can I find out who or what is asking for sign...
  9. request timeout 408 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    request timeout 408 error: windows 10 did another "update". I have a serious problem now. I could not upload a small photo to a website. Received error message about a request timeout, server timeout and 408 error message. Found out by searching on internet that that is a windows problem! I watched a...
  10. Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft authentication app not working with requests: I have my personal Microsoft account configured with two-factor authentication via the app on my Android mobile. It just doesn't work for my personal account but it does for a client's Office 365 account, i.e. the app is working, just not with my personal account. It says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft authenticator immediate timeout

2. microsoft authenticator app timeout