Windows 10: Authenticator App Issue

Discus and support Authenticator App Issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings all. A user had the need to regenerate a QR code for VPN access. Instead of simply removing the entry from the Authenticator app to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidCuttler, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Authenticator App Issue

Greetings all. A user had the need to regenerate a QR code for VPN access. Instead of simply removing the entry from the Authenticator app to generate a new QR code, the Authenticator app itself was deleted. When it was reinstalled she could not get the vpn program used to generate a new QR code. The message that the user gets is something to the effect "have to bind the app". Not sure how to get around this.

:)

DavidCuttler, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Authenticator app version for Android and iOS - Nov. 12

Two factor authentication (TFA) is easy, convenient, and secure when you use Microsoft Authenticator. Use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two step verification process. After youve signed in with two factor authentication (TFA), youll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.2010.7266 for Android

Source: Microsoft Authenticator - Apps on Google Play

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.5.4 for iOS

Download: Microsoft Authenticator | App Store

Brink, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Authenticator app version released for Android - Nov. 27

Two factor authentication (TFA) is easy, convenient, and secure when you use Microsoft Authenticator. Use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two step verification process. After youve signed in with two factor authentication (TFA), youll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.

Microsoft Authenticator version 6.2011.7755 for Android

WHAT'S NEW

• We're always working on new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. Make sure you stay updated with the latest version for the best authentication experience.

Source: Microsoft Authenticator - Apps on Google Play

Brink, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Authenticator App Issue

Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Authenticator App Issue

1. Authenticator App Issue - Similar Threads - Authenticator App Issue

2. Authenticator issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator issues: I have just got a new laptop and when trying to sign in it says that my account doesn’t exist. So I went onto my old laptop and tried to update the security settings in my account so that I could try putting in my phone number rather than my email address to see if it would...
  3. Authenticator app login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app login issues: I lost access to my authenticator app and can not gain access back. I also cannot do a backup due to having a new phone and apple id. How can I regain access?...
  4. Authenticator app login issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app login issues: I lost access to my authenticator app and can not gain access back. I also cannot do a backup due to having a new phone and apple id. How can I regain access?...
  5. Authenticator app sign in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app sign in issues: Hi,I use authenticator provided by ms to sign in to my work account... but it requires lock screen password and when i give it it just shows the password page and tell me enter password again and again...and shows notification only when i refresh it...What's its solution??...
  6. Authenticator app sign in issues

Authenticator app sign in issues: Hi,I use authenticator provided by ms to sign in to my work account... but it requires lock screen password and when i give it it just shows the password page and tell me enter password again and again...and shows notification only when i refresh it...What's its solution??...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator app issue

Microsoft Authenticator app issue: When I try to sign in it asks for a code from my Authenticator app to login. I forgot to register Authenticator app during my login screen. Please help for support....
  8. Microsoft Authenticator app issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Authenticator app issue: When I try to sign in it asks for a code from my Authenticator app to login. I forgot to register Authenticator app during my login screen. Please help for support....
  9. Microsoft Authenticator app issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. authenticator issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    authenticator issues: i cant log into my authenticator app with my valid email. just says no such account exists. whats the cause for this?....because i very apparently have an active and working account...