Windows 10: Authenticator App

Discus and support Authenticator App in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hamdi Zeddini, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

1. Authenticator App

Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using a password just like outlook or other Microsoft's services.

:)

Hamdi Zeddini, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

3. authenticator for android

Pair an authenticator app with your Microsoft account
    We won't use this to spam you - just to keep your account more secure.

Verify phone via:

An authenticator app works by generating a new security code every 30 seconds. Once you have an authenticator app installed on your smart phone and paired with your account, you can always get a code - even if you have airplane mode turned on, or are anywhere
    without cell service. Authenticator apps are available for many smart phones today, and most of them will work with your Microsoft account.

Just a few simple steps, and you'll be all set

• If you have a Windows Phone,
      get Microsoft's authenticator app
      . If you have an iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device, search your app store for an authenticator app.
    • Install the app and then open it.
    • Pair the app with your Microsoft account by scanning this bar code.

BrianFerguson59, May 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM
  4. poit57 Win User

Authenticator App

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

Thema:

Authenticator App

1. Authenticator App - Similar Threads - Authenticator App

2. Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission: Hi When applying permission to folders for Authenticated Users & Everyone the system says - access denied part way through applying them. Authenticated Users has no permissions at all and can't apply, and Everyone when created and the permission applied also denied. on my...
  3. 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...: Hi. Our office has installed a couple of new Cisco 2700 Autonomous Access Points and we are trying to setup EAP 802.1x authentication to our laptops, so we can have a Wireless LAN. The access points back the authentication off to Cisco ISE, which does a machine and user...
  4. Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello: Hi there, a) possible to use use the Microsoft Authenticator App in general for Window Hello? b) possible to use push notification (allow, decline) for desktop login? --> User types user name during windows login --> User gets a notification on the smartphone. --> User...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications: Howdy folks, I’m excited to share that you starting today, we will help you have more confidence and visibility into your personal Microsoft account activities by giving you security notifications delivered in the Microsoft Authenticator app. When important events—such as...
  6. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?: My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the app. We did a password reset request and now need to wait for 30 days for something to happen. First of all, what will...
  7. App Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Microsoft Authenticator: Hello, I'm came from chatting with a technical support on Microsoft, with not result about,.. What happen if you change your phone number using the Microsoft Authenticator App? Well, I know there is a lot of people with the same issue, with the two step verification. The...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator app for Apple Watch now in public preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator app for Apple Watch now in public preview: Howdy folks, We heard our customers loud and clear—they want support for the Microsoft Authenticator app on Apple Watch. So, that’s why I’m thrilled to announce we are starting to roll out the public preview of the Microsoft Authenticator companion app for Apple Watch and...
  9. Two suggestions for Microsoft Authenticator app (July 5, 2018)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two suggestions for Microsoft Authenticator app (July 5, 2018): In addition to Touch ID on my iPhone 6s, I think my Microsoft account will be even more secure if I had to enter a four-letter code like TDEV or GSHK into the app rather than tap on one of three number choices displayed on my Inspiron when I try to log in, just like Yahoo!...
  10. Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store: This is a Beta version of the Authenticator app and is only intended for internal testing purposes. The first step towards a world without passwords! After a quick Bluetooth sync, use this app to unlock your Windows 10 computer at work. Just open the app and tap on a...