Windows 10: Authenticator App

Discus and support Authenticator App in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hamdi Zeddini, May 14, 2019.

1. Authenticator App

Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using a password just like outlook or other Microsoft's services.

:)

Hamdi Zeddini, May 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. authenticator for android

Pair an authenticator app with your Microsoft account
    We won't use this to spam you - just to keep your account more secure.

Verify phone via:

An authenticator app works by generating a new security code every 30 seconds. Once you have an authenticator app installed on your smart phone and paired with your account, you can always get a code - even if you have airplane mode turned on, or are anywhere
    without cell service. Authenticator apps are available for many smart phones today, and most of them will work with your Microsoft account.

Just a few simple steps, and you'll be all set

• If you have a Windows Phone,
      get Microsoft's authenticator app
      . If you have an iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device, search your app store for an authenticator app.
    • Install the app and then open it.
    • Pair the app with your Microsoft account by scanning this bar code.

BrianFerguson59, May 14, 2019
  4. poit57 Win User

Authenticator App

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Authenticator App

1. Authenticator App - Similar Threads - Authenticator App

2. Microsoft Authenticator app and passkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator app and passkeys.: Hello !! I want to ask something, it's not related to windows, but there isn't a more similar category. Does the ms authenticator app support login via a passkey ?? Because it seems it doesn't.I create a passkey on my android phone for the micosoft account, I deleted the ms...
  3. Microsoft Authenticator app and passkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator app and passkeys.: Hello !! I want to ask something, it's not related to windows, but there isn't a more similar category. Does the ms authenticator app support login via a passkey ?? Because it seems it doesn't.I create a passkey on my android phone for the micosoft account, I deleted the ms...
  4. cant sign into authenticator app for android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant sign into authenticator app for android: HiTrying to sign into my authenticator app on my android phone and it keep coming up with "no network connection". All my other apps are working including my google authenticator, I've cleared the cache and memory no effect, uninstalled reinstalled no effect I've even changed...
  5. cant sign into authenticator app for android

cant sign into authenticator app for android: HiTrying to sign into my authenticator app on my android phone and it keep coming up with "no network connection". All my other apps are working including my google authenticator, I've cleared the cache and memory no effect, uninstalled reinstalled no effect I've even changed...
  6. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  7. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  8. Multiple addresses belonging to my ex are listed in my authenticator app! Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple addresses belonging to my ex are listed in my authenticator app! Please help!: My ex is very IT savvy, he's worked with MS all his career and holds a very technical job and is MS certified to the eyeballs...I left him a year ago and I've been the target of so much hacking.. my router, my CAR with a tracker he fitted all my online accounts.. to the point...
  9. Multiple addresses belonging to my ex are listed in my authenticator app! Please help!

Multiple addresses belonging to my ex are listed in my authenticator app! Please help!: My ex is very IT savvy, he's worked with MS all his career and holds a very technical job and is MS certified to the eyeballs...I left him a year ago and I've been the target of so much hacking.. my router, my CAR with a tracker he fitted all my online accounts.. to the point...
  10. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...