Windows 10: Authenticator flaw.

Discus and support Authenticator flaw. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pigyface25, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Authenticator flaw.

Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was them and another from someone behind them). It got them very worried and this should be a very clear feature if you accidentally accept both without realising. If this isn't a feature, I think it would be well praised and generally up the security of the whole system! Love to hear some feedback Authenticator flaw. :)

:)

Pigyface25, Dec 18, 2019
  2. XTL
    xTL Win User

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Anydesk
    To use 2 step authenticator with anydesk go here

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 4 have very high security,
    Anydesk, Splashtop & teamviewer all have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticator.
    Personally i prefer radmin Authenticator flaw. :)

* Had to add Anydesk to my suggestion because it's just to good to leave out *

3. Migrate Microsoft Authenticator settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows.

Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method. Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be
    stopped if they don't have access to your other devices or accounts.

For more information:

Refer: About two-step verification

We are sorry to say that this option is not available in Microsoft Authenticator. I would suggest you to leave a comment or feedback using the feedback app.

Your feedback is more important to us for improving the functionality and make the usage easy.

Give us feedback

Use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or when something could be better.

• Go to Start
      enter the phrase
      Windows Feedback, then select
      Windows Feedback.

• See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as
      Microsoft Authenticator.

• If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select
      Upvote.

• If you don’t find any similar feedback, select
      Add new feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a categoryand then
      Select a subcategory.

• Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Refer: Updates
    and feedback

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Jurgen G. Win User

Authenticator flaw.

Authenticator Error - You have entered too many invalid codes

Thank you bill24557 for your contribution,

I suggest you turn off the Two step authenticator, then update your account information on
    https://account.live.com also uninstall the app.

Once you've done the steps turn on the Two step authenticator again and install the app.

Kindest Regards,

Jurgen G., Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Authenticator flaw.

1. Authenticator flaw. - Similar Threads - Authenticator flaw

2. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  3. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  4. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator: Hello,We are facing an issue with one of our professional user, he does not receive the code push on its authenticator app on his phone when trying to log in on his microsoft account.We tried with another microsoft account on his authenticator app and it is working.It seems...
  6. One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator

One of our professionnal user does not receive code on its authenticator: Hello,We are facing an issue with one of our professional user, he does not receive the code push on its authenticator app on his phone when trying to log in on his microsoft account.We tried with another microsoft account on his authenticator app and it is working.It seems...
  7. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  8. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  9. I am locked out of my account in an endless authentication loop. I need to turn off...

I am locked out of my account in an endless authentication loop. I need to turn off...: I have an endless Authenticator loop with an account that I administer. I moved to a new mobile device and apparently did not have a cloud backup of the authenticator data. The old device is gone and cannot be used set up authenticator on the new device because I need 2FA via...
  10. authenticator app, flaw in the system!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    authenticator app, flaw in the system!: This is ridiculous! I have been trying to get a hacker out of my account for ages now, and i know that the only way hes getting in is because of a notification on my phone saying that he has put an authenticate app or whatever it's called on my account! the flaw is is that i...