Windows 10: Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

Discus and support Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A year ago, I set up my authenticator app with my school. A few months ago, I got a new phone, and the last one was wiped to be passed down to the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yaz Corel, May 24, 2023.

1. Yaz Corel Win User

Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

A year ago, I set up my authenticator app with my school. A few months ago, I got a new phone, and the last one was wiped to be passed down to the next sibling. For the past few months, I have had a problem with accessing the school account on the authenticator. It has a big red "!" and tells me to scan the QR code provided by the school. Unfortunately, the school has updated their website since I set it up and I cannot find that QR code anywhere. So, I reached out to the school's IT. Here is the conversation:Me: So I set up my authenticator over a year now and when I got a new phone is has be

:)

Yaz Corel, May 24, 2023
  2. BJCates Win User

Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected. However, this affects the Work/School account which prevents multiple sign in windows when signing
    on from the same network for each application being accessed. Some users are getting a "Work or School account problem" notification that there is an issue. If they click on the notification they are given a button that is able to fix the issue.
    Some users are not given this notification at all. We think it could be 1809 vs 1903 related ? ?

The only way to resolve the multiple authentications issue is to remove the work/school and add it back in.
    My question – is there an easier way to configure the systems - either through AD or powershell scropt, etc...) to more simplify the resolution. It would be nice if, upon password reset, the initial window to automatically appear upon systen restart
    is to re-authenticate the work/school account. Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

BJCates, May 24, 2023
  3. Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

1. Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it? - Similar Threads - Authenticator Problem School

2. HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: I have tried to remove this authenticator from my school account so that I can access the notes on my Microsoft Teams but it isn't working... anytime I want to log into the account it opens up the authenticator and tells me that verification needs to be done and I have done...
  3. HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO REMOVE AUTHENTICATOR FROM MY SCHOOL MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: I have tried to remove this authenticator from my school account so that I can access the notes on my Microsoft Teams but it isn't working... anytime I want to log into the account it opens up the authenticator and tells me that verification needs to be done and I have done...
  4. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  5. Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator Problem. School Account. Is there a way to reset it?: A year ago, I set up my authenticator app with my school. A few months ago, I got a new phone, and the last one was wiped to be passed down to the next sibling. For the past few months, I have had a problem with accessing the school account on the authenticator. It has a big...
  6. Work or School Account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work or School Account problem: Hi, I keep receiving a notification "we need to fix your work or school account" but when I go to sign in it says "can't find that account"? I've logged into my Microsoft account and when selecting my PC "no issues are found" Does anybody here knows what's going on or has...
  7. work or school account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    work or school account problem: I presume this is the old "we need to fix ..." I am not going to blindly press a button for some artificial idiot software to "fix" a "problem" without a better explanation of what, exactly, the problem is. All other postings about this that I have seen keep asking for how...
  8. problem with school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    problem with school Microsoft account: Since I sign in microsoft office by my school account window started to do dumb things, for example, it goes to sleep even though I choose never go to sleep in power options. how to fix that?...
  9. Windows 10 school account problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 school account problem: I signed into my pc with my school email and it has required me to change my pin. after signing out under accounts in settings and signing out of Microsoft word it is still requiring me to change my pin. Is there any way to remove this? submitted by /u/Dnave17 [link]...
  10. Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Work or School account problem after password reset and Multiverification (Okta): Every 90 days our organization requires us to reset our password - which in turn requires us to re-authenticate through Okta. Which is to be expected. However, this affects the Work/School account which prevents multiple sign in windows when signing on from the same network...