Windows 10: Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

Discus and support Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends, I was recently approved for a grant that will pay for a brand new ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 W700G3T-XH77 w/a 1TB PCIe NVMe, 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechWizard, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

Hello friends,
    I was recently approved for a grant that will pay for a brand new ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 W700G3T-XH77 w/a 1TB PCIe NVMe, 16GB DDR4 RAM at 2666 MHz, Intel i7-9750H 2.6GHz hexa-core processor. So you can see why I'd love advice from a licensed electrician for the ideal power conditioner to protect this investment. I have been thinking about a Furman PT-8 or PT-8DIG.
    But when reviewing those, people have said that they do not block too much noise (mV) coming from a typical electrical receptacle and that the plate has to be flat or else its plug will not insert properly. I want to use a power conditioner mainly for surge protection. But, eliminating as many mV as possible would be a desired plus, as well.

Thank you,

:)

TechWizard, Jul 7, 2020
  2. SunnyK Win User

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

1. Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop - Similar Threads - Authorized advice power

2. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  3. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  4. Authorized Users of Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authorized Users of Laptop: My 13yo inserted himself as the administrator user on my new laptop. How do I change administrator user to me? How do I remove my son as a user and block him from logging in on my laptop?...
  5. New to 10 advice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New to 10 advice?: hi guys , well i finally got windows 10 after buying a computer from an individual. it does seem not to be a legit copy i cant seem to activate it.the computer itself is pretty powerful but im having problems running some flash type games on webpages. very chopy slow and...
  6. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  7. Laptop buying advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buying advice: I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one...
  8. New memory advice needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New memory advice needed: Since I'm going to install a new SSD in my lappy, I want to increase the memory also. I want to install 16GB, it has two slots. One has 8GB in it now. I looked on Crucial and there are four choices for 16GB kits. Which would be the best choice ?...
  9. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...
  10. Got a New Laptop, Needing Expert Advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    Got a New Laptop, Needing Expert Advice.: Hi there, guys! I just recently bought a bew laptop, an Acer Aspire E15-553-1768, and, while I'm enjoying it so much, I'm having some lil' annoyances that I'm sure you can help me to solve. The first, I'm experiencing some sort of "poor colors" representation on my...