Windows 10: Authorized Users of Laptop

Discus and support Authorized Users of Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My 13yo inserted himself as the administrator user on my new laptop. How do I change administrator user to me? How do I remove my son as a user and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lorraine2020, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Authorized Users of Laptop

My 13yo inserted himself as the administrator user on my new laptop. How do I change administrator user to me? How do I remove my son as a user and block him from logging in on my laptop?

:)

Lorraine2020, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 28, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Goatberg Win User

Authorized Users of Laptop

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users added to Users group upon every restart

I have a Windows 10 computer that I would only like certain users on a domain to be able to login to. Lets say limit access to only those users in the group named football.

I have added the football group to the Windows users group. The computer is on a domain and I noticed the following two groups both of which I removed from the Windows users group.

• NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    • NT AUTHORITY\Interactive
    I have tested that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users is allowing users outside of the football group to login to the computer and this is not wanted.

If I remove both of these groups from the Windows users group then they will reappear upon every restart of the computer. This did not have with Windows 7. This seems to be a security problem???

Goatberg, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Authorized Users of Laptop

1. Authorized Users of Laptop - Similar Threads - Authorized Users Laptop

2. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  3. Authorization

Authorization: For certain functions I get :not authorized...". I am the owner and the only one who uses this computer. How can I change authorization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization/7d7be0ce-3047-4246-b06d-9cbd61c913e5
  4. How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely: Hello, I've set up a Windows Server 2019 Core machine IP: 192.168.1.6 at home to use as a home server. I've installed Hyper-V in it and added a user called HyperVAdmin. It's in these user groups: Hyper-V Administrators, Remote Management Users, Power Users. I've also used...
  5. Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop: Hello friends, I was recently approved for a grant that will pay for a brand new ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 W700G3T-XH77 w/a 1TB PCIe NVMe, 16GB DDR4 RAM at 2666 MHz, Intel i7-9750H 2.6GHz hexa-core processor. So you can see why I'd love advice from a licensed electrician...
  6. User enrollment Certificate Authority

User enrollment Certificate Authority: I've a lab environment where I've set up my CA. Configured user and computer template for enrollment and checked with test users in client machines. I was able to see the user certificate and computer certificate while I try to enroll. But for one particular user when i login...
  7. authorization

authorization: hello! how can it be that MY authorization IS from1 day to another changend??? I DINT CHANGE ANYTHING & NOW I CANT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization/3aa067be-79d0-450e-ac3b-fc1dbd9e1d3b
  8. The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login

in Windows 10 News
    The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to establish a remote connection, but you see an error message – The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login then know that this occurs when the target host doesn’t [...] This post The connection...
  9. How to View Authorized Account Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to View Authorized Account Users: I have been have some problems with accounts(I think). I'll start with this question and go from there. How do I view all users for my pc? 72855
  10. authors

in Windows 10 Support
    authors: Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes. Thank you 26447