Windows 10: Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite...

Discus and support Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Kids are trying to add minecraft coins 9.99 Initially put 10.00 in the account. requested authorization, went to the family admin page, clicked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SoggyStargazer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite...

Kids are trying to add minecraft coins 9.99

Initially put 10.00 in the account.

requested authorization, went to the family admin page, clicked allow and then I was given the following message:

"For this item, you’ll need to add money to your child’s Microsoft account so they can buy it in the game. We’re working on a way to make this a seamless experience in the future"

The only button available is "Add Money"

I think Okay, its 9.99 plus applicable taxes, probably more than 10 bucks, so I will add another 10 bucks.

Now the account has a $20 balance.

Click allow - Same thing.

So now they have a $20 balance, and its still telling me that I need to add money so they can buy it and there is no other way for me to get support on this other than making a post here.

this is very frustrating.

:)

SoggyStargazer, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite... :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite...

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

jeromeHarrison, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite...

1. Authorizing a child purchase results in being prompted to add money to the account despite... - Similar Threads - Authorizing child purchase

2. add money to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  3. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  4. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child

Can't add money to Microsoft account for my child: My child wants to buy game apps from Microsoft store, so I need to add money to his Microsoft account. It prompts me the same error message everytime I add money. It says "Sorry, something went wrong.We're not sure what happened but refreshing...
  6. Transfer Money to Child's Account

Transfer Money to Child's Account: I attempted to transfer $50 to my kids account. The transfer didn't work and I was charged 4x by Microsoft. I paid $200 for a $50 selection and no money transferred.I only want to send my kid $50.How do I fix this? I tried calling MS, I got an automated answer that talked me...
  7. i cant add money to my child's account

i cant add money to my child's account: everytime i try to add money to my child's account in microsoft it gives me this message : "Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. CV: o7rSGk31zEOez54C.14.61.7"...
  8. Unable to add money to child account

Unable to add money to child account: Hi. I'm unable to add money to my child's account. This has been a problem for a few weeks now. I can buy things for myself so this is not a card/billing problem. I've tried Edge and Chrome and on more than one device. I've also read through the FAQ and this forum for answers...
  9. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts: Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. CV: nrTffXv4lU6OSy92.36.29.8 This has been going on for a couple of...
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...