Windows 10: Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home)

Discus and support Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I (via the terminal with node/npm) or an app (VScode, Github, etc.) issue commands to create new files or directories they're always met with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CleverJsNomDePlume, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home)

Whenever I (via the terminal with node/npm) or an app (VScode, Github, etc.) issue commands to create new files or directories they're always met with a "permission denied" error response. Why is this?

I've tried to suss out the issue but between security nuances and restricted/cumbersome user permissions of the "home" version of windows 10 and my admitted ignorance of PC security beyond basic antiviral defenses and firewalls, I'm at a loss.

I've tried elevating app permissions, running apps as admin, disabling malware features and other since forgotten measures and nothing ever works.

What's the secret to actually having full control over my own PC? Thanks for any guidance you might provide!

submitted by /u/CleverJsNomDePlume
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CleverJsNomDePlume, Jun 26, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home)

95Viper, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home)

1. Authorizing Apps to Create Files & Directories Windows 10 (home) - Similar Threads - Authorizing Apps Create

2. Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - File Explorer creates duplicate directory on file download: When I am downloading files, in the file explorer save dialog, it seems that a phantom duplicate directory is created at the bottom of the top directory listing when I download the next file. I then have to either save to the phantom new directory, or scroll to the real...
  3. Windows Home fails creating a specific user's directory and the corresponding files when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Home fails creating a specific user's directory and the corresponding files when...: Hi, I have Window home and aw local user with administrative rights. When creating a new user, no file for that new user appear in c:\users, even though this new user appears in the "users" subdirectory of the "Control Panel" . When this new user clicks on "Change my...
  4. Windows Home faisl to create specific user's directory and files for a new user I created...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Home faisl to create specific user's directory and files for a new user I created...: Hi, I have Window home and aw local user with administrative rights. When creating a new user, no file for that new user appear in c:\users, even though this new user appears in the "users" subdirectory of the "Control Panel" . When this new user clicks on "Change my...
  5. Windows 10 - File Explorer creates apparent duplicate directory on file download

Windows 10 - File Explorer creates apparent duplicate directory on file download: When I am downloading files, in the file explorer save dialog, it seems that a phantom duplicate directory is created when I download the next file. The focus is then placed upon this new directory. In Example: I have a top directory, with several sub directories. The...
  6. Directory Write Test tmp files created

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Write Test tmp files created: Every once in a while, empty "Directory Write Test (...).tmp" files are added under "C:". Like "Directory Write Test (6008).tmp", "Directory Write Test (12880).tmp", ... It never stops. Googling tmp and "Directory Write Test", I don't find any clue. What could that be ?...
  7. File History has created a duplicate directory?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History has created a duplicate directory?: I'm using File History to backup to an NAS. I noticed two days ago a duplicate directory has been created on the NAS at: > ThisPC > Data (\\NAS) (L:) > sxxxe So now in that location I have: JAY-DESKTOPDELL JAY-DESKTOPDELL (2) Why is there now a duplicate directory and how...
  8. Can't create new file in Documents directory.

Can't create new file in Documents directory.: Hi all, From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop) using some applications. Check this screenshot out. [ATTACH] Here's some further information I can provide: Creating new...
  9. Create a windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a windows Active Directory: Hi, i want to use Domain.GetCurrentDomain() method in a .net project, and i have windows 10. So can i create an active directory in my windows without using Windows Server?...
  10. creating a directory yields "the file is to large for the filesystem"

in Windows 10 Support
    creating a directory yields "the file is to large for the filesystem": My Windows 10 Pro (1803) seems to go nuts again (and me soon, too): In a specific folder on the C-drive, let's call it "C:\foobar" creating a new subfolder always yields me an error message "The file is too large for the destination file system". What is this BS supposed to...