Windows 10: authors

Discus and support authors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maranna, Oct 14, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

authors

Hello
    I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes.
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Oct 14, 2015

2. Search by app authors in Store

Hi,

I think it would be great to make the app author's name in Store clickable, so that it would be possible to view all apps by the same author.

What do you think?

MichelFORGET_960, Oct 14, 2015
  3. billweb3 Win User
    authorization

How do I get authorization to save and edit my files?

billweb3, Oct 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

authors

Document author is for information purpose only and has no bearing in actual access or sharing permissions. The document author property is set by the program that creates the document. You can change it by right clicking on the file from File explorer, select properties, then the details tab. Just click on the author name and it should allow you to change it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2015
  5. maranna Win User
    I just did that and you are correct.
    TY

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

authors

1. authors - Similar Threads - authors

2. Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps: To make a long story short: I had to wipe my C: drive and re-install Windows 10. Problem there is all my Xbox Gamepass games were set to install to my H: Drive. They're still there, but Gamepass does not recognize them. No problem, I can just delete and start over......
  3. How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?

How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?: TL;DR: "Authors", "Year", etc. fields of .pdf files are blank, how to populate them?Greetings! So, I have a fairly simple and straightforward question/problem. I use a lot of PDFs for my research and I would like to organize them better in File Explorer. And no, I don't want...
  4. Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition,...: Microsoft took 82.95 out of my chequing account without my authorization. In addition, this caused NSF and myself owing a total of 333.00 to an insurance company. Please tell me how you are going to rectify this! Who do I contact, because I BET you won't take of YOUR ERROR ON...
  5. Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY: Hello guys,I found an annoying problem on my computer. And I hope someone could give me some help.At the beginning, I found I cannot find some program shortcuts in the start menu, so I opened the file location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI found some...
  6. Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...: Good morning,I have been working on this problem more than a day, I am exhausted and I wonder if someone can help me... Thank you.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  7. Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier: I am not sure if the seller is a Microsoft authorized supplier. His products are priced very low and should be sold illegally. All his website and account information are listed below.Website https://gekeys.com/,Fackbook account...
  8. Authorized Users of Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authorized Users of Laptop: My 13yo inserted himself as the administrator user on my new laptop. How do I change administrator user to me? How do I remove my son as a user and block him from logging in on my laptop?...
  9. Sharing a folder anyone on network can connect to w/o authorization

Sharing a folder anyone on network can connect to w/o authorization: Hello, I'm trying to share a folder that has to be available to the entire network. No passwords, no authorization. When you navigate to the folder on the network it HAS to allow you access if you're on the local network. Often when I share folders windows decides a username...
  10. I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to speak to someone about a charge that I did not authorize. If I can't get an...: My credit card was charged by microsoft and I did not authorize any charges or purchase anything from microsoft. If I don't get an explanation shortly I will report it as fraud to my credit card company....