Windows 10: authors

Discus and support authors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maranna, Oct 14, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

authors

Hello
    I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes.
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Oct 14, 2015

2. Search by app authors in Store

Hi,

I think it would be great to make the app author's name in Store clickable, so that it would be possible to view all apps by the same author.

What do you think?

MichelFORGET_960, Oct 14, 2015
  3. billweb3 Win User
    authorization

How do I get authorization to save and edit my files?

billweb3, Oct 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

authors

Document author is for information purpose only and has no bearing in actual access or sharing permissions. The document author property is set by the program that creates the document. You can change it by right clicking on the file from File explorer, select properties, then the details tab. Just click on the author name and it should allow you to change it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2015
  5. maranna Win User
    I just did that and you are correct.
    TY

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

authors

1. authors - Similar Threads - authors

2. Authorization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authorization: For certain functions I get :not authorized...". I am the owner and the only one who uses this computer. How can I change authorization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization/7d7be0ce-3047-4246-b06d-9cbd61c913e5
  3. Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page.: Access Denied You are not authorized to access this page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-you-are-not-authorized-to-access/f8c8084d-6bd4-435d-9e9f-81f6c5a13754
  4. How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely: Hello, I've set up a Windows Server 2019 Core machine IP: 192.168.1.6 at home to use as a home server. I've installed Hyper-V in it and added a user called HyperVAdmin. It's in these user groups: Hyper-V Administrators, Remote Management Users, Power Users. I've also used...
  5. Does Microsoft maintain a list of authorized retailers for Windows 10 keys?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Microsoft maintain a list of authorized retailers for Windows 10 keys?: I see many websites that offer really cheap keys. I believe all of these to be grey markets and likely to have the keys revoked or suspended at some later date. The other day I came across a reputable site which added a software store carrying various products. I was not...
  6. Event code: 4007 URL authorization failed for the request

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Event code: 4007 URL authorization failed for the request: When I try to login to the website I develop, I get an event log Event code: 4007 URL authorization failed for the request It will repeatedly redirect to login page my webconfig authentication mode="Forms"> <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx"...
  7. Trying to Get Admin Authority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Get Admin Authority: Can someone explain what that statement in bold really means? I've been trying to figure out how to get admin access on my laptop. I thought I had administrative authority, but I don't. If someone could explain to me what this means, I'd be grateful. [IMG]...
  8. I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need my password to authorize resetting my laptop because I forgot my password. What do I do?: I forgot my password to sign in to a laptop that I haven’t signed into in a long time. The hint doesn’t help and I my answers to the security questions are somehow incorrect. I’ve tried troubleshooting and there’s nothing I can do because everything seems to require my user...
  9. Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Authorized advice for power conditioner for new laptop: Hello friends, I was recently approved for a grant that will pay for a brand new ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 W700G3T-XH77 w/a 1TB PCIe NVMe, 16GB DDR4 RAM at 2666 MHz, Intel i7-9750H 2.6GHz hexa-core processor. So you can see why I'd love advice from a licensed electrician...
  10. Windows Doesn't Remember "Author" or "Subject"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Doesn't Remember "Author" or "Subject": Why doesn't Windows memorize the order of files in a folder ordered by the "subject" or "author" properties? P.s.: I've used scandisk, system restore and folder reset. All to no avail....