Windows 10: authors

Discus and support authors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maranna, Oct 14, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

authors

Hello
    I have noticed that some of my files have as author, my name while others have the name of the PC which is, us. Why are they different and how can I change them to be the same? Does it make a difference as far as sharing goes.
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Oct 14, 2015

2. Search by app authors in Store

Hi,

I think it would be great to make the app author's name in Store clickable, so that it would be possible to view all apps by the same author.

What do you think?

MichelFORGET_960, Oct 14, 2015
  3. billweb3 Win User
    authorization

How do I get authorization to save and edit my files?

billweb3, Oct 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

authors

Document author is for information purpose only and has no bearing in actual access or sharing permissions. The document author property is set by the program that creates the document. You can change it by right clicking on the file from File explorer, select properties, then the details tab. Just click on the author name and it should allow you to change it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2015
  5. maranna Win User
    I just did that and you are correct.
    TY

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

authors

1. authors - Similar Threads - authors

2. What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?: Sometimes it can take multiple hours before an approval goes through i.e. approval for more time or acces to a new site. This is very frustrating and I have considered switching products. We've used Microsoft family for years and it has been beneficial... but now, we need...
  3. What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?: Sometimes it can take multiple hours before an approval goes through i.e. approval for more time or acces to a new site. This is very frustrating and I have considered switching products. We've used Microsoft family for years and it has been beneficial... but now, we need...
  4. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down: I've have a strange issue with a third party app's authorization process throwing errors because it thinks, after every shut down, my computer is a different computer it flip flops between recognizing two different log ins. I've been in contact with the developer of the app,...
  5. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down: I've have a strange issue with a third party app's authorization process throwing errors because it thinks, after every shut down, my computer is a different computer it flip flops between recognizing two different log ins. I've been in contact with the developer of the app,...
  6. Third-party Authorization process thinks my computer is two different computers every shut down

7. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  8. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  9. I did not authorize The 99.99 payment onnny account and I would like a refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not authorize The 99.99 payment onnny account and I would like a refund: I would like y’all to refund my account back 99.99 because I didn’t authorize that charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-authorize-the-9999-payment-onnny-account/297ccae5-11b7-47c6-a264-5c25341b6a29
  10. I did not authorize The 99.99 payment onnny account and I would like a refund

I did not authorize The 99.99 payment onnny account and I would like a refund: I would like y’all to refund my account back 99.99 because I didn’t authorize that charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-authorize-the-9999-payment-onnny-account/297ccae5-11b7-47c6-a264-5c25341b6a29