Windows 10: Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Good Evening !! Here is the thing on which I need ideas and help from you guys. Presently we are in that phase where we are migrating all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chethan Kumar_155, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Guys,

Good Evening !!

Here is the thing on which I need ideas and help from you guys.

Presently we are in that phase where we are migrating all the machines from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

For this we are using windows 10 dashboard to approve the assets which are ready to migrate from 7 to 10 and presently we are doing it manually by going to dashboard site and then we have few options to enter the asset tag and then edit it and check the approved option and update so that the asset will be ready for the migration.

And now comes my requirement.

I want to automate this process using power-shell script every time when we get some request to approve one asset i want to write a script so that it will reduce the manual intervention and also reduce the time to approve the assets.

Please do help me in this how to proceed or any ideas how to do this to approach our requirement.

Thanks in Advance Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 :)

:)

Chethan Kumar_155, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto Approval Machines

2. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  3. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  4. Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10: Hello, i've tried many times to migrate but uncucessfull... I need your help please ! see my errors log : Fault bucket 662167277, type 377156863 Event Name: WinSetupDiag02 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 1 P2: 2 P3: 9 P4: 1 P5:...
  5. Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10: In order to migrate W7 to W10 I start the media creation tool but it stops with an error "cannot run this program on this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-windows-7-towards-windows-10/9b4f4310-3fd7-4aae-a39b-aa073db7601e
  6. Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10: In the many years I used Windows 7, I ran a freeware program Talking Alarm Clock byCinnamon Software. It is a valuable little program which I have tried unsuccessfully to install in my new Windows 10 PC. To begin with, trying to download it fromcinnamon.com is impossible,...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration: I recently purchased a windows 10 key & downloaded the ISO file to perform a migration I performed an in-place migration & the unit picked up the digital key from windows 7 Home premium on the unit & indicated Windows 10 was digitally activated. Question is - is this a...
  8. When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7: Good morning, We've had a issue this morning where a machine that has been reimaged into Windows 10 from Windows 7. The machine was onboarded onto the ATP portal as a Windows 7 device but upon reimage doesn't appear to have been offboarded and onboarded again as a Windows...
  9. Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!: After much fuss, I have windows 10 working successfully on my laptop. Being so pleased with W10, I decided to install/upgrade to W10 on my main Desktop PC. Easy? - NO !!!!!!!!!!!! However I try to install, I meet failure messages. Tried the upgrade from windows method -...
  10. Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Good Day, Hoping someone can shed some light. We are moving towards a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade in the near future, and planning on deployment steps. We currently have a highly customized Windows 7 Answer file created, which took much time to work out all the...