Windows 10: Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11

Discus and support Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,I have encountered a strange bug on my new Windows 11. Whenever I drag and drop a file from a folder to the desktop, the file gets auto-arranged to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZsofiBB, Jun 11, 2024.

1. ZsofiBB Win User

Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11

Hey,I have encountered a strange bug on my new Windows 11. Whenever I drag and drop a file from a folder to the desktop, the file gets auto-arranged to the left side and not where I actually dragged it. When I drag another file to the desktop, the first file rearranges itself to the place I dragged it into the first place. Same happens if I delete a file from, lets say my Download folder. It's so strange... like, it does what its supposed to eventually, but its delayed..? The arrangement also fixes itself if I Refresh.- I DON'T have auto arrange icons on yes, tried ticking it on and off- I d

:)

ZsofiBB, Jun 11, 2024

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Jun 11, 2024
  3. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11

Desktop icons auto arranging, auto arrange is OFF.

Original title: Windows 10 - Icons moving

About every hour, the file icons on my desktop would move as if auto arranged. Icons will also move from screen 2 to screen 1. My quicklaunch icons will suddenly show the text for the icon (text had been turned off). The auto arrange function is not turned
    on.

John Maggi, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11

1. Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11 - Similar Threads - Auto arrange icons

2. Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-arrange icons bug on Win11: Hey,I have encountered a strange bug on my new Windows 11. Whenever I drag and drop a file from a folder to the desktop, the file gets auto-arranged to the left side and not where I actually dragged it. When I drag another file to the desktop, the first file rearranges itself...
  3. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  4. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  5. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  6. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149
  7. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  8. Auto Arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Arrange: Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update??? 86428
  9. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: Has anybody figured out how to put files inside a folder, in the order you want them instead of Win 10 putting them in the order it wants?? This is after CU..... thanks tom 88107
  10. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor. 25424