Windows 10: Auto-brightness in Windows 11

Discus and support Auto-brightness in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 11. Sometimes it will automatically dim the screen which I don't want as I want the screen to be always bright whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tjgarland, May 22, 2024.

1. tjgarland Win User

Auto-brightness in Windows 11

I have a laptop running Windows 11. Sometimes it will automatically dim the screen which I don't want as I want the screen to be always bright whether it's plugged in or on battery. In Windows SETTINGS > BRIGHTNESS there is no option to control auto-brightness, though I have found websites that instruct differently. Likewise, I can't see anything in POWER SETTINGS to change auto-brightness.What do I need to do to stop my laptop automatically dimming the screen?Web article that makes reference to functions that aren't on my version of Windows 11: How to Turn Off Auto Brightness in Windows

:)

tjgarland, May 22, 2024

2. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, May 22, 2024
  3. Windows 11 is changing my screen brightness while I am actively using Apps

Could you confirm if HDR is enabled on your system? If not, To enable HDR and Auto HDR in Windows 11, please follow these steps:

1. Enable HDR in Windows 11:
      • Navigate to Settings > System > Display.
      • Toggle on "Use HDR" under the "HDR" section.
    2. Enable Auto HDR:
      • Within the same Display settings, toggle on "Use Auto HDR".
    Once HDR and Auto HDR are enabled, you'll notice the "SDR content brightness" slider under the HDR settings. Now, proceed to adjust the SDR content brightness slider:

1. Adjust the SDR Content Brightness Slider:
      • The SDR content brightness slider regulates the brightness of non-HDR content, such as the desktop and file explorer, when HDR is enabled. This adjustment may potentially resolve the issue you're facing.
    If the issue persists after these adjustments, you may consider the following troubleshooting steps:

• Connect a different monitor to your PC to determine if the issue lies with your monitor or your PC.
    • Alternatively, if you're experiencing significant difficulties, reverting to Windows 10 could be an option to explore.
    Please let me know if you require any further assistance or clarification.

Munkhbayar B., May 22, 2024
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, May 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Auto-brightness in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Auto brightness

2. Auto-brightness in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-brightness in Windows 11: I have a laptop running Windows 11. Sometimes it will automatically dim the screen which I don't want as I want the screen to be always bright whether it's plugged in or on battery. In Windows SETTINGS > BRIGHTNESS there is no option to control auto-brightness, though I have...
  3. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  4. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  5. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  6. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  7. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  8. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  9. Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in: Two months ago I raised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-other_settings/auto-brightness-when-plugged-in/5c67b839-9541-4a55-a4e0-98f7c2e145d3?messageId=9c5d8782-3160-4e80-a416-a11f1d15b64d&page=1 which had me repeat everything I've already done....
  10. Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in

Auto brightness STILL changing when plugged in: Two months ago I raised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-other_settings/auto-brightness-when-plugged-in/5c67b839-9541-4a55-a4e0-98f7c2e145d3?messageId=9c5d8782-3160-4e80-a416-a11f1d15b64d&page=1 which had me repeat everything I've already done....