Windows 10: Auto-Brightness Issue

Discus and support Auto-Brightness Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has auto-brightness feature but no way to disable it. I've checked the settings at least 3 times now, and there's nothing under "Brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnBranstetter, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Auto-Brightness Issue

My laptop has auto-brightness feature but no way to disable it. I've checked the settings at least 3 times now, and there's nothing under "Brightness and Color" in the Display tab and nothing in the advanced settings on the control panel. Anyone else have this problem/have a solution? I have no idea if it's a Windows 10 thing or an Asus thing, and it's driving me up the wall.

:)

JohnBranstetter, Feb 20, 2020

2. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Auto-Brightness Issue

Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Auto-Brightness Issue

1. Auto-Brightness Issue - Similar Threads - Auto Brightness Issue

2. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  3. Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Auto Changing NOT Solved & Power plan issues: Hello, when i play fullscreen games on Steam such as Rust Unity game and Unturned Unity game Does not happen for example: Minecraft of Fortnite my internal laptop display sets itself to 100% Brightness. This does NOT happen when my laptop isnt plugged in, what ive...
  4. Auto brightness when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  5. Screen brightness auto changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness auto changing: Hi, I've got a surface computer, the screen brightness automatically turns up whenever I open a white page. it does so in stages by about 5% brightness every 3 seconds. I've set auto adaptive brightness to off. I've tried changing power settings but there is no option for me...
  6. Auto brightness with Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto brightness with Intel Graphics: After some recent Windows update I can't turn off auto brightness for integrated Intel Graphics and I can't change brightness via settings in tray too only with functional keys. Brightness is heavily lowered if the context of the screen is dark, and then it gradually recovers...
  7. Auto brightness in videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto brightness in videos?: Hi everyone! Whenever I watch videos, it seems too bright. It seems to happen all the time unless I press windows key or anything on the task bar, like the audio icon, wifi, etc. Nothing else seems over-brightened except videos. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  8. Adjust to Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust to Auto Brightness: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the...
  9. screen brightness auto set

screen brightness auto set: How do I get the screen brightness to automatically be the same as when the laptop is plugged in to power and when it is running on battery?...
  10. Auto Brightness

Auto Brightness: I’m using windows 10. My screen brightness changes automatically when I switch from dark and light backgrounds. I’ve tried all things of my reach like disabling power saver in intel graphics settings and also in the power plan. I remember turning this feature on , may be...