Windows 10: Auto brightness with Intel Graphics

Discus and support Auto brightness with Intel Graphics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After some recent Windows update I can't turn off auto brightness for integrated Intel Graphics and I can't change brightness via settings in tray too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xiionika, Apr 8, 2021.

1. xiionika Win User

Auto brightness with Intel Graphics

After some recent Windows update I can't turn off auto brightness for integrated Intel Graphics and I can't change brightness via settings in tray too only with functional keys. Brightness is heavily lowered if the context of the screen is dark, and then it gradually recovers when I look at a bright scene. Dedicated video GeForce 1050 works fine, however, as I don't see that effect in games or movies within players that use hardware acceleration. I tried every option I could find online, but there's no "Adaptive brightness" or anything like that in Windows Settings or Power Plan Management, and Power Saving option in the Intel Graphics Center is off and everything is set on "Maximum performance". It does not depends on if my laptop is plugged in or not, and laptop is not overheating too. Where should I look? Maybe there is some registry entries or cmd commands?

:)

xiionika, Apr 8, 2021

2. Intel HD Graphics card - Brightness (MAX)

Dear All

I upgraded my (Sony) laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness (%100) , I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this,
    Please?

I have a Sony Laptop with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

More Information:

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: VPCEA3BF

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)

Rezhwansport, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Apr 8, 2021
  4. petersv Win User

Brightness changes while "Adaptive Brightness" is disabled in Windows 8.1/10 with Intel HD Graphics

Just found a suggestion that solved my problem here.

It is the Intel "Display Power Saving Technology" that is to blame.

Disable it like so:

1. Launch "Intel HD Graphics Control Panel" by right clicking and selecting "Graphics Properties..." from your Intel HD Graphics tray icon
    2. Click Power
    3. Choose "On battery"
    4. Select "Disable" for Display Power Saving Technology
    5. Click Apply

Auto brightness with Intel Graphics tj7GZ.jpg

petersv, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Auto brightness with Intel Graphics - Similar Threads - Auto brightness Intel

2. Intel HD Graphics 4000 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 Brightness: Hi, There is an old thread about this problem locked at 2017 that says "Brightness Fix with Driver Date 8/17/2015". However, I still experienced this same problem with driver date 06/08/2020, version .10.18.10.5161. Always when there are some update in Windows 10 64bits,...
  3. Auto brightness in videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto brightness in videos?: Hi everyone! Whenever I watch videos, it seems too bright. It seems to happen all the time unless I press windows key or anything on the task bar, like the audio icon, wifi, etc. Nothing else seems over-brightened except videos. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  4. Intel Graphics

Intel Graphics: After having a blank screen on start up occasionally I decided to uninstall the display driver in Device manager. I shutdown and rebooted and it reinstalled itself and everything seemed ok. I have noticed now that my Intel HD graphic app which I use for setting display...
  5. Adjust to Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust to Auto Brightness: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the...
  6. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics: What version of the Intel Graphics are in Dell XPS computers? the website is not clear, I am not a gamer but I want it to play 4K video 155654
  7. Auto-Brightness Issue

Auto-Brightness Issue: My laptop has auto-brightness feature but no way to disable it. I've checked the settings at least 3 times now, and there's nothing under "Brightness and Color" in the Display tab and nothing in the advanced settings on the control panel. Anyone else have this problem/have a...
  8. Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics

Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics: Hello, I formated my computer and before that under (DeviceManager>Display Adapter) i had Intel HD Graphics with that I was able to play 3D rendered games like Minecart but When I formatted my Laptop the Display adapter changed to "Intel Family Chipset" I can't play...
  9. Auto Brightness

Auto Brightness: I’m using windows 10. My screen brightness changes automatically when I switch from dark and light backgrounds. I’ve tried all things of my reach like disabling power saver in intel graphics settings and also in the power plan. I remember turning this feature on , may be...
  10. Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......: Dont know how intel control center got into my computer 06/07/18. Can uninstall it??? Or there is a reason why intel with the little R is in my computer? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel HD Graphics & brightness 3000 Windows 10