Windows 10: Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan

Discus and support Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a setup that extends my main computer (running Windows 10) to 4 different Rooms through the use of HDMI Extenders. I currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by oQ21cSOv, Jul 2, 2021.

1. oQ21cSOv Win User

Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan

Hello everyone, I have a setup that extends my main computer (running Windows 10) to 4 different Rooms through the use of HDMI Extenders. I currently use a system where all screens are duplicated or extended, and I would like to move to a system that automatically switches the setup to only show in the room that I am in The ideal Trigger for switching would ideally be when I use the USB fingerprint scanner in each Room where IF no user is logged in, it would log me in and show the desktop only on that Screen So what I need is - When I scan my finger print from USB fingerprint scanner 1 , it makes Screen 1 the main screen. - When I scan my finger print from USB fingerprint scanner 3 , it makes Screen 3 the main screen. I do not know how to receive that trigger event, but once I do I guess I can use nircmd to do whatever I want. Any ideas on how I can do that? What would happen if another user is logged in is something that I would have to solve down the line but I am not there yet.

:)

oQ21cSOv, Jul 2, 2021

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Fingerprint won't scan properly

Hello, guys!

Please, give me any suggestion about Fingerprint.

Fingerprint won't scan properly. It couldn't finish scanning my finger

UsmonTulkunov, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan

Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan

1. Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan - Similar Threads - Auto changing Primary

2. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  3. Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto changing Primary Monitor on Fingerprint Scan: Hello everyone, I have a setup that extends my main computer (running Windows 10) to 4 different Rooms through the use of HDMI Extenders. I currently use a system where all screens are duplicated or extended, and I would like to move to a system that automatically switches...
  4. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  5. Multiple Monitor / TV as primary

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Monitor / TV as primary: So I use a tv as my primary monitor, but coming out of hibernate (with other monitors off) my windows often migrate to one of my powered-off displays. Any suggestions for constraining this kind of behavior from the OS? submitted by /u/GrayscaleUnicorn [link] [comments]...
  6. Icons to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons to primary monitor: I added a monitor to my tv/monitor for a dual screen setup. Windows automatically made the pc monitor the main screen and moved all my icons there. I want the tv as main so I changed it and the icons moved automatically. I decided I didn't like the tv as the main and once...
  7. Fingerprint won't scan properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint won't scan properly: Hello, guys! Please, give me any suggestion about Fingerprint. Fingerprint won't scan properly. It couldn't finish scanning my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-wont-scan-properly/cfaccecb-2c86-43f6-a82e-7c1add04e0ce
  8. How to change Primary and Secondary monitor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Primary and Secondary monitor on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a dual monitor setup and you want to change primary and secondary monitor on Windows 10, here is what you can do. There is no need to install any third-party software since it is possible to get [...] This post How to change Primary and Secondary...
  9. Primary Monitor goes black

Primary Monitor goes black: I posted this same exact question in January. I was able to get it resolved by performing an In-Place upgrade, as suggested. That worked, until about a week ago. Now I am having the same exact issue again. I tried doing an In-Place upgrade again, and it did not resolve...
  10. Auto Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Scan: W10 pc with 98 days to go on a Kaspersky 2-year subscription. Until about a month ago, I think, Kaspersky did a quick auto scan on any device that I connected via USB. It has stopped doing that and I can't find how to bring it back. Perhaps it does scan immediately but...