Windows 10: Auto connect to open network

Discus and support Auto connect to open network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, A couple of minutes after connecting to my home network, windows WI-FI automatically disconnects and connects to an open network in the region.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamerZahar, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Auto connect to open network

Hi,

A couple of minutes after connecting to my home network, windows WI-FI automatically disconnects and connects to an open network in the region.

I must disconnect it manually and reconnect to my home network every couple of minutes. How can I solve this problem? I am unable to work in these conditions and my surface laptop is brand new, so I'm not considering buying a new laptop.

Best,

:)

SamerZahar, Aug 20, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Auto connect to open network

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Auto connect to open network

1. Auto connect to open network - Similar Threads - Auto connect open

2. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  3. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  4. How can I disable auto-connecting to unknown open wifi networks?

How can I disable auto-connecting to unknown open wifi networks?: I see this question asked a lot, and I see the same answer posted a lot as well. Here's the scenario. I have a secure wifi network at home. I have a desktop running windows 10. My desktop doesn't go traveling with me and there is no need for it to ever connect to a...
  5. no network auto re-connect after sleep wakeup

no network auto re-connect after sleep wakeup: my windows 10 doesnt re-connect to wireless internet after 'sleeing '. I know this problem has been clearly evident to microsoft for at least 5 years. My adapter is set for auto connect when network available . on wakeup the network IS detected but it doesnt auto connect as...
  6. disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!

disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!: My Wifi home network is going down all the time, because whatever unknown Wifi Connection can take the lead, as they are all marked as `Automatically` BUT mine. Every time I click on them one by one to uncheck `automatically connect`, seconds later, they are again all marked...
  7. Network Drive Connection Issue - Auto Connect

Network Drive Connection Issue - Auto Connect: Win 10 Pro desktop A desktop needs to connect to another Win 10 Pro shared drive. In the mornings when they boot the desktop the connection comes up with a red X for no connection. If they click the connection icon it goes green and they can use the shared folder. The...
  8. Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

Wifi auto connect to random useless network.: I'm struggling with a network that keeps kicking me out of the one I'm connected to and connecting itself to it. The network is not in my list and continuously get connected to it even though it doesn't provide internet. I'm having to connect to my own wifi every 5 minutes...
  9. Disable auto-connect to unkown Wi-Fi networks

Disable auto-connect to unkown Wi-Fi networks: My computer automatically connects to unknown open wifi. For example, when I work in a coffee shop, my computer selects any open wifi and connects to it. Then I disconnect from the network (and make sure auto-connection to that network is NOT selected). However, my computer...
  10. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...