Windows 10: auto correct

Discus and support auto correct in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a number of "auto correct" items and every time I receive an update most of them have to be re-established-why does that happen and how can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Granny OneTB, Aug 30, 2019.

1. auto correct

I have a number of "auto correct" items and every time I receive an update most of them have to be re-established-why does that happen and how can I remedy this

:)

Granny OneTB, Aug 30, 2019

2. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Auto Correct use

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and I am glad to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the settings for Auto-spell correction in Windows.

Please follow the below simple steps.

• Click on Start and choose Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Choose Typing in the left pane.
    • Set the toggler to off for Auto correct misspelled words.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 30, 2019
  4. auto correct

Is there a way to selectively ignore spelling auto-correct in one-off instances?

Another way: allow the auto-correct to take place, then tap on "Fast". The first suggestion should be the word that you originally wrote.

Also, if you always want "Tast" instead of "Fast", you can add "Tast" to the phone's dictionary. Once you have "Tast" somewhere, tap on it, then in the suggestions list, tap on "+ Tast" (it should be at the start of the suggestions list).

If you want to avoid the auto-correct in the first place, make the keyboard disappear (tap somewhere else on the screen, press the back button, etc.), then tap back to where you're composing text and continue.

BrazenDolphin, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

auto correct

1. auto correct - Similar Threads - auto correct

2. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not: i have set the update speed of task manager to high and upon afresh reset of the computer it works as accordingly, but after some time of the PC being on not sure of how long the computer's task manager speed grows slow, generally not at an useable rate, even closing it seems...
  3. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not: i have set the update speed of task manager to high and upon afresh reset of the computer it works as accordingly, but after some time of the PC being on not sure of how long the computer's task manager speed grows slow, generally not at an useable rate, even closing it seems...
  4. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10: Exactly how do I delete entries from the Windows 10 Mail app's auto-correct list? I have a bunch of bad entries that are causing confusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-names-from-mail-apps-auto-correct-list/44546bf3-2fdf-4b56-87b2-d910458559b0
  6. Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10

Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10: Exactly how do I delete entries from the Windows 10 Mail app's auto-correct list? I have a bunch of bad entries that are causing confusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-names-from-mail-apps-auto-correct-list/44546bf3-2fdf-4b56-87b2-d910458559b0
  7. Why is it that Microsoft Can't resolve the simple Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is it that Microsoft Can't resolve the simple Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly.: When there is an Active app open, I can't work see the bottom of the browser because Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly. It's never worked properly as of windows 8. All the "So called" advancements but the simplest and MOST IMPORTANT One hasn't been resolved in years....
  8. Why is it that Microsoft Can't resolve the simple Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that Microsoft Can't resolve the simple Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly.: When there is an Active app open, I can't work see the bottom of the browser because Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly. It's never worked properly as of windows 8. All the "So called" advancements but the simplest and MOST IMPORTANT One hasn't been resolved in years....
  9. Why is it that Microsoft Can't resolve the simple Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly.

10. Sample rate of class compliant bluetooth devices fail to be auto-recognized correctly in...

Sample rate of class compliant bluetooth devices fail to be auto-recognized correctly in...: Windows 11 has a well documented issue rwhereby the OS fails to recognizing the correct sample rate off some class compliant bluetooth earbuds and headphone devices playback. There are multiple threads here, that are exploding all with the same issue and it is not certain...