Windows 10: Auto detect drive

Discus and support Auto detect drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two usb expansion hard drives plugged into my PC one is continually being detected as if it were just plugged in, it keeps opening up File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipSeaton, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Auto detect drive

I have two usb expansion hard drives plugged into my PC one is continually being detected as if it were just plugged in, it keeps opening up File Explore on top of any other windows.

1. How can I stop this happening.

2. How do I turn off Drive Auto Detect, as this may be an answer

Thanks in advance

Phil

:)

PhilipSeaton, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 18, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

Your MB must have an option to support HOT PLUG in BIOS. Here's my BIOS and I have SATA1, 3, 5, 6 with HOT PLUG enabled and those would show up from safely remove icon on taskbar

Auto detect drive [​IMG]

Auto detect drive [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 18, 2018
  4. BGN_1975 Win User

Auto detect drive

Fixed Drive Detected as Removable in Bitlocker

My system has 2 data drives in addition to the boot drive which is SSD. While windows detects both drives as fixed drives Bitlocker reports one of the drives as removable and so I cannot set it to auto-unlock. Any suggestions on how to change this behavior
    and make Bitlocker report correctly?

BGN_1975, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Auto detect drive

1. Auto detect drive - Similar Threads - Auto detect drive

2. DisplayPort auto detection Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort auto detection Problem: So here we are again to see if this can be fixed is there a way to turn off displayport auto detection ''feature'' that you Microsoft has added to the system so don't give me the usual go check the monitor drivers and stuff that has already been checked and I know for a fact...
  3. DisplayPort auto detection Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort auto detection Problem: So here we are again to see if this can be fixed is there a way to turn off displayport auto detection ''feature'' that you Microsoft has added to the system so don't give me the usual go check the monitor drivers and stuff that has already been checked and I know for a fact...
  4. DisplayPort auto detection Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Auto Detect Settings in IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Detect Settings in IE: I've been looking everywhere for a solution, maybe someone here can help. Anyway, by default not sure why Microsoft automatically checks "Automatically detect settings" in the LAN settings in "Connection" in Internet Explorer. I need this not to happen in my organization...
  6. folder template auto detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder template auto detection: Hi, I would love my windows explorer to always show folders in "list" view pretty simple wish, right?. Now, I understand that this would be silly for, say the desktop, and there may be other folders that have to be except from the general rule. I further understand that...
  7. Disable Monitor Auto Detect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Monitor Auto Detect: Hello Microsoft. A few days ago, I bought a new desktop. The PC is from HP, the video card is a GeForce RTX 2060 and both monitors are Samsung CJG52. The main monitor is connected by the DisplayPort input and the second monitor is connected by the HDMI input. The problem is...
  8. Auto detect sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto detect sounds: Can windows Auto detect when a window is moved between two monitors, so the sound comes from that monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-detect-sounds/c7274260-39c6-4fa8-8e0f-4b3ca8641165
  9. Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?: I have multiple hard drives on my machine with a power switch between the PSU and drive itself. None of these drives are boot drives except the drive that holds the OS. Yet, W10 will not see any of these drives just by turning on the power switch. I have to switch on the...
  10. How to auto-detect and auto-adjust max.resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to auto-detect and auto-adjust max.resolution?: Assume I boot Win10 from an USB flash drive on various computers. The max possible resolution differs from computer to computer. I could always manually fiddle through the menus and set the current max.possible resolution manually. But this is uncomfortable. Is...