Windows 10: Auto duplicating action on file copy/move

Discus and support Auto duplicating action on file copy/move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, a problem happens with me many times in the latest version of Windows 10 and in older versions as well. When copying/ moving files Windows asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eng. Ashraf Abdel Kader, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Auto duplicating action on file copy/move

Hello, a problem happens with me many times in the latest version of Windows 10 and in older versions as well.

When copying/ moving files Windows asks me what to do with files with same name that do already exist. Write over/ skip/ add both. This is the normal situation. BUT, I had many cases where Windows didn`t ask me and automatically added duplicates by adding a number to the end of file name.

This happens with multi-disk operations as well as single disk operations.

This happens occasionally, and I don`t know why and when this happens.

Latest version in use now: Windows 10 1909 18363.535

:)

Eng. Ashraf Abdel Kader, Dec 30, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Auto duplicating action on file copy/move

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Auto duplicating action on file copy/move

1. Auto duplicating action on file copy/move - Similar Threads - Auto duplicating action

2. AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE: Hallo. I have an issue with my file in sharing folder. the file keep auto duplicate and renamed to the new file with version in the last name "1"example : sh01.blend duplicate and renamed to sh01 01.blendwhy is this happen and how do i stop this automatic file versioning...
  3. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  4. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  5. No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10: When copying files from one folder to another, the OS always warns if there is another folder or file with the same name. It is one of the prominent features of File Explorer, which makes sure the same files are not overwritten without consent. In case you are not receiving...
  6. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  7. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  8. Find & Move Duplicate Files

Find & Move Duplicate Files: Files are in multiple folders on multiple external hard disk drives, 25x5 TB = 125 TB Tried, ABC Compare, & Anti Twin, Software but doesn’t work over multiple HDD's, only searches one drive. Someone said may need to plug all 25 external drives into PC and set up a raid...
  9. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  10. Auto Duplicate file X Times ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Duplicate file X Times ?: Unsure how to phrase or where to ask this Question. Simply, How can I set a number, for how many times i want a file to duplicate for me ? Rather than copy paste repeatedly until i get the exact number of duplcates of a file. What methods or software can I use to do this...