Windows 10: Auto encryption

Discus and support Auto encryption in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why are my NAS jpeg files automatically extended with 'encrypt' when viewed through Windows File Explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarbaraBeise, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Auto encryption

Why are my NAS jpeg files automatically extended with 'encrypt' when viewed through Windows File Explorer?

:)

BarbaraBeise, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Auto encryption

Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Auto encryption

1. Auto encryption - Similar Threads - Auto encryption

2. Auto encryption in windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto encryption in windows10: As you can see, windows automatically encrypt source code as I finished editing, so how can I solve it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-encryption-in-windows10/01551490-8099-4aa8-8954-6dfa2fc3edff
  3. Windows auto-encrypting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows auto-encrypting files: Hello! I have an issue regarding encryption. I encrypted a ZIP folder on my desktop and ever since, the system has been auto-encrypting any files I create. I've decrypted the folder several times, I've tried deleting the folder, but the problem persists. I have tried a few...
  4. C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME

C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME: Dear all, My PC dell XPS 13, SSD 240G, i want extend volume C drive from D drive I have a problem when i extend volume for C drive I don't know why C drive auto Bitlocker Encrypted while Bitlocker function current turn off, i don't do anything before [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Change Auto play settings for BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change Auto play settings for BitLocker encrypted drives: I want to change Auto play settings for BitLocker encrypted drives. I have encrypted the drives then restarted the PC. Then I changed the "Defaults for what to do when unlocking a Bitlocker encrypted Drive" to "Open with File Explorer". But when I open the drives now, I view...
  6. Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can turn BitLocker Auto-unlock for fixed or removable Data Drives, on or off using BitLocker Manager, Command Prompt, and PowerShell. In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable auto-unlock for a fixed or removable [...] This post Turn...
  7. Change Auto play settings for BitLocker encrypted drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Auto play settings for BitLocker encrypted drives.: 1. I'd encrypted my (ex. 4 Drives) with BitLocker. 2. Computer Restarted 3. Accidentally changed the "Defaults for what to do when unlocking a Bitlocker encrypted Drive" to "Open with File Explorer" (basically, can't remember the dialogs). 4. Now, after unlocking each...
  8. Personal files auto-encrypted by Windows 7, how to decrypt and access those files in clean...

Personal files auto-encrypted by Windows 7, how to decrypt and access those files in clean...: Hi, I have a back up of all my personal files and folders in an external drive (backed up using simple copy-paste, no back up software used). I was using Windows 7 then, and I didn't realize that Windows 7 was encrypting some of my files without my knowledge, especially the...
  9. Bitlocker forced to auto-encrypt on Creators Update?

Bitlocker forced to auto-encrypt on Creators Update?: I've just got a new Dell XPS 9360. Obviously the system installed by default was full of crapware, so I traditionally re-partitioned the drive and installed Windows 10 Creators Update manually. Surprisingly I noticed that both my partitions were being decrypted the moment...
  10. Disable Auto Encrypt Files Moved to EFS Encrypted Folders in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Auto Encrypt Files Moved to EFS Encrypted Folders in Windows: How to: Disable Auto Encrypt Files Moved to EFS Encrypted Folders in Windows How to Enable or Disable Automatically Encrypt Files Moved to EFS Encrypted Folders in Windows The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files...