Windows 10: Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

Discus and support Auto Enhance feature can't switch off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed that while viewing photos on windows 10 it auto enhances the image(not very well) after about a second. This wasn't a problem until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasLouw, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

I have noticed that while viewing photos on windows 10 it auto enhances the image(not very well) after about a second. This wasn't a problem until I noticed it in lightroom as well. I have gone trough every setting I can think of. I am up to date on windows and gpu drivers. I've tried it on multiple systems but to no avail. Please assist.

:)

ThomasLouw, Aug 8, 2019

2. Auto-Enhance Photos

Hi Judith,

Regarding your concern about Auto-Enhance photos feature on Windows 10. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried using it with Windows 10?
    • Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you also tried updating your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried checking the
      article
      about enhance or edit photos?

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

Microsoft Photos Blurring Pictures...Is 'Switch Off Auto Enhance' Actually Working ?

I have auto enhance switched off in Photos, so bear that in mind when reading this...

I go into a photo, and in full screen mode do whatever editing and enhancing needs to be done. On the screen, at the end of editing, the photo is nice and crisp and sharp. Perfect.

I then go back into that same photo and go to full screen mode...and somehow that sharpness has been slightly lost. There is a distinct difference between the sharpness displayed when I
    saved the photo...and that displayed when I go back into it !

But here is the odd part. If I zoom in or out on the edited photo after going back into it, and return to full screen, the saved sharpness re-appears.

Now this is clearly a bug however one looks at it. There is no reason why the sharpness displayed on saving the photo should be any different to that displayed on going back into it...especially as I have 'Auto Enhance' switched off both at saving
    at at re-entering.

This suggests to me that the option to switch off Auto Enhance is not actually working, or there is some other issue.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PeterStanbury, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

1. Auto Enhance feature can't switch off. - Similar Threads - Auto Enhance feature

2. turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application: Hello everyone,I would like to know if there's any way to turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in the photo application on Windows 11 Pro.It shows it correctly in the thumbnail:It's great that the Photo app now opens CR2 files, but this is completely unusable like this, so...
  3. Auto enhancment of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto enhancment of photos: So if I want to look at photos on my Windows 11 they are automaticlly adjusted to be brighter or darker then original. How can i stop that? Thabks for replies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-enhancment-of-photos/55aef43d-e195-4906-96d9-04d3232dc290
  4. Auto enhancment of photos

Auto enhancment of photos: So if I want to look at photos on my Windows 11 they are automaticlly adjusted to be brighter or darker then original. How can i stop that? Thabks for replies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-enhancment-of-photos/55aef43d-e195-4906-96d9-04d3232dc290
  5. Auto- enhance Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto- enhance Photos: Hello,Please help. I'm really frustrated with my Photos app.I shoot in RAW CR2 format and whenever I open my photos, they're auto enhanced and I know from a number of post, it's no longer an option to switch this off, but even when I use other apps to view the photos, they...
  6. Auto- enhance Photos

Auto- enhance Photos: Hello,Please help. I'm really frustrated with my Photos app.I shoot in RAW CR2 format and whenever I open my photos, they're auto enhanced and I know from a number of post, it's no longer an option to switch this off, but even when I use other apps to view the photos, they...
  7. Auto Enhance feature of Photos app

Auto Enhance feature of Photos app: How to disable it? If there is a way? Maybe by hacking the registry or hack the App it'self. It was possible before, now the option to turn it off is completely gone. Why? I use Photos app to preview my RAW files before editing in Lightroom. It is frustrating and...
  8. Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?: Hi all, I've noticed recently that after some major updates are installed that Defender is sometimes switched off after everything in completed. I can turn it on again fine in Security Centre but I get no warnings that it is not running or that I need to turn it on, except...
  9. Photo ENHANCE feature

Photo ENHANCE feature: My photo enhance feature hasn't worked for the past 2 weeks. How do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-enhance-feature/25a42cbc-ba8e-4063-974e-61f522e0fadc
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your...