Windows 10: Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window

Discus and support Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Is there a way to have windows explorer auto expand the folder your in on the LEFT pane as well as the right? Thank you! Nancy 131903 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nancygail, May 2, 2019.

1. nancygail Win User

Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window

Hello!

Is there a way to have windows explorer auto expand the folder your in on the LEFT pane as well as the right?

Thank you!
    Nancy

:)

nancygail, May 2, 2019

2. How to stop left pane folder from expanding?

This is driving me nuts, the left pane items auto expand randomly to show all the drivers in Computer for example.

I then collapse them again, but after a while they expand again.

How can I stop them from ever expanding?

I'm not sure what's causing this as on a fresh install this doesn't happen, I have a feeling when I install qBittorrent, after a file is downloaded for example and I double click on it to show it in its downloaded folder, that's when the left pane items auto expand

Ultra Male, May 2, 2019
  3. How to stop left pane folder from expanding?

Hi Brian,

I tried all the options, none of the settings mentioned are set to auto expand folders for me, so I think this is a bug in qBittorrent because the moment I open a file/folder from within qBittorrent, it takes me to the location of that folder but in an expanded view on the left pane. I've posted this on their forums now.

Ultra Male, May 2, 2019
  4. Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window

1. Auto expand explorer LEFT pane window - Similar Threads - Auto expand explorer

2. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  3. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  4. Duplicate drives in left pane of Windows Explorer Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate drives in left pane of Windows Explorer Win10: One of my Win10 PCs has duplicate drives in the left pane of Windows Explorer under MyPC - the primary drive partitions C: and D: and the DVD drive E: only appear once, all the external drives, including the USB ports appear twice - once below the primary entries and again...
  5. File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane: I want the left pane folder to open and show subfolders when I click on the filename, instead of having to click the little carat to the left of the folder to get this to happen. Windows 10 version 20H2. 181372
  6. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  7. No disks showed on left pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No disks showed on left pane of explorer: I dont understand because in left pane..look my image [img] i see only disk E (why E and not others ) and not others disks like D, G etc.. i try to make a shortcut from right to left but nothing..why this ? Its possible see all my disk on left pane of explorer ??...
  8. Windows explorer left pane displayed with delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer left pane displayed with delay: Hi Experts *Smile After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, once I'm opening the Windows Explorer the left pane display it's content with delay. This is also happening when I try to save something and browsing to were to save, folders displayed with delay. See the...
  9. Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane: This is something that's been bothering me since I upgraded this Dell XPS8700 to windows 10 some two weeks or more ago. The left pane in File Explorer seems to duplicate my drive letters and info other than what's under the entry "This PC". If I look down the list,...
  10. How to stop left pane folder from expanding?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop left pane folder from expanding?: This is driving me nuts, the left pane items auto expand randomly to show all the drivers in Computer for example. I then collapse them again, but after a while they expand again. How can I stop them from ever expanding? I'm not sure what's causing this as on a fresh...