Windows 10: Auto Exposure camera issues

Discus and support Auto Exposure camera issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 360 with Windows 10. On Zoom, my exposure keeps changing from overly bright to extremely dim. I need a fix fast.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaymienSpencer, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Auto Exposure camera issues

I have an HP Pavilion 360 with Windows 10. On Zoom, my exposure keeps changing from overly bright to extremely dim. I need a fix fast.

:)

DaymienSpencer, Aug 3, 2021
  2. PammyLZ83 Win User

Nokia Lumia Camera: Why is there no auto exposure?

The camera does have auto exposure, but it does not have spot metering. The area you tap to focus on should also have that spot metered for exposure...not the whole scene.

PammyLZ83, Aug 3, 2021
  3. PammyLZ83 Win User

I have a 920. I do not know if other Lumia's are like this. But, there is not an "auto" setting for the exposure in the camera. Just the "0" and the positive and negative numbers.

On my prior HTC Titan phone, (which don't get me wrong, the Lumia is superior in many ways) all I had to do was tap the area of the screen I wanted to focus on and the camera software would read the light in that area and adjust the exposure appropriately.
    An example: So, I was taking a picture of a sunset sky and the ground was dark and the sky was appropriately exposed. However, if I were to tap on the dark portion of the screen, the ground, the camera does not automatically increase the exposure to brighten
    the ground area, it stays dark. If the exposure were an auto-exposure it would "brighten" the ground to make it visible to the camera lens and overexpose the sky. The Lumia does not do this which, in my opinion, is a huge oversight. All modern camera have
    a auto-exposure setting. Even the cheap digital ones have this setting.

So, I request to Nokia to implement an "Auto" setting which will appropriately expose the portion of the picture I tap on and not the entire picture itself. Thanks, I hope to see this in a update in the near future. :smileyhappy:

P.S. I have attached a picture to show why I would need this setting. I should be able to just tap on the darker portion of the screen and have the exposure adjust accordingly. Instead, I would have to point the camera almost all the way down and cut out
    the sky just to get the exposure I want as seen in the second picture.

WP_20130608_007.jpg

WP_20130608_006.jpg

PammyLZ83, Aug 3, 2021
  4. CJLim Win User

Auto Exposure camera issues

The 920 does have auto exposure. The numbers you see in the setting is for the amount of compensation from the default auto setting.

The reason the foregound of the first photo is dark is because of the bright backlighting. The camera has no way of knowing whether the foreground or the background is the subject. This is where compensation setting comes in play.

You can confirm auto exposure is working by moving the camera up and down between foregrounmd and sky and you should see the display adjusting for the brighter sky and then the foreground.

What would be nice is if they added the ability to lock the exposure by half pressing the shutter button.

BTW I forgot to mention that this is a user to user forum. If you want to make sure Nokia gets your message, you should send it to them directly using the Nokia Support tab below.

CJLim, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Auto Exposure camera issues

1. Auto Exposure camera issues - Similar Threads - Auto Exposure camera

2. How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?: I have a Razer Kiyo webcam.I have set my camera setting like exposure and other settings in the razer synaps app.But whenever I open the windows camera app, it will reset all these settings back to default.When I don't open the windows camera app, but use other things linke...
  3. How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?: I have a Razer Kiyo webcam.I have set my camera setting like exposure and other settings in the razer synaps app.But whenever I open the windows camera app, it will reset all these settings back to default.When I don't open the windows camera app, but use other things linke...
  4. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  5. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  6. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Photo Viewer has started auto mangling the exposure and orientation of Canon CR2 RAW images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer has started auto mangling the exposure and orientation of Canon CR2 RAW images: Windows file explorer shows thumbnails of CR2 files just fine. Photo Viewer will show a CR2 image properly for about half a second, but then it will redo the exposure badly and if the image is oriented vertically, it will reorient it horizontally. Please in the next patch fix...
  8. Microsoft Lifecam 5000 - AUTO focus and exposure

Microsoft Lifecam 5000 - AUTO focus and exposure: Does anyone have a fix for Windows 10?I use the Lifecam 5000 as my mainstream camera, but it keeps on switching from manual to auto for both focus and exposure, thankfully auto focus is happening a little less, but is there a way to fix this? it is extremely frustrating....
  9. Webcam Exposure Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam Exposure Lock: I need to lock my MS webcam Exposure. I don't mean make the auto-brightness brighter or darker. I need the webcam to not auto adjust. I need a constant exposure. I have a Dell with Windows 10 and integrated MS webcam....
  10. LifeCam HD-3000 stops functioning when I turn auto exposure off

LifeCam HD-3000 stops functioning when I turn auto exposure off: Hey folks! I've been struggling with this one for a while now, my LifeCam stops working after some time when I turn auto exposure off in the configuration. It's seemingly still connected, lights up when I try to activate it, but does not show any camera feed at all. As I...