Windows 10: Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016

Discus and support Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am working on a Windows Server 2016 using DFS Replication to automatically Copy the recordings files of Call Recording and Reporting from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JunaidMustafa, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016

Hi Team,

I am working on a Windows Server 2016 using DFS Replication to automatically Copy the recordings files of Call Recording and Reporting from the Win 10 Machine-192.X.X.X to the Win Server's 2016 local D or E drive.

Can someone please help me how I can do that as I need submit this solution today.

OS Structure:
    1 Windows 10 Pro --> DFS --> 1 WIndows Server 2016

Will be very thankful for help.

:)

JunaidMustafa, Mar 16, 2021

2. Replication Issue after promoting 2016 Server

Hi,

I am currently trying to upgrade my domain from 2008R2 to 2016, I currently have 4 2008R2 Domain controllers and have FSMO roles distributed between the 4 server. I have built a new 2016 server with the intention of adding it as a domain controller and migrating
    all the FSMO roles to it then rebuilding all the other servers on 2016.

My issue is that after promoting the 2016 server replication failed due to a Schema Mismatch with the other servers, please assist.

Martin M. Masipa, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Martin M. Masipa, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016

Server A --- to --- Server B / Replication

Situation
    I've got a very simple network, providing data in a SOHO environment to just 3 users.

SERVER A (W2K3)
    +
    3 users

SERVER A has recently been upgraded to RAID 1, with scheduled Cobian backups. All good so far.

Now, for the next 6 months, we've got a project in a far-far away land. Connecting to SERVER A is not going to be very efficient on consumer based internet connections. I also want a level of redundancy in case SERVER A, for any reason, goes down. (This includes power cuts, internet interruptions, not just hardware failure of the machine).

Enter SERVER B

Server B will be a mirror copy of SERVER A, but without the RAID and backup. It will be a SFF Atom box that can go on the road to the project site, and will have all data available locally providing fast access as well as "insurance" should SERVER A become unavailable for any reason.

Note that during this time away, there will be nobody at site A to fix/repair anything so why I need to find a maintenance free solution to the whole affair. Although I can Dameware Remote Control (remote desktop) into SERVER A assuming it is up and running, if it goes down, then it will stay down.

Note further than SERVER A and SERVER B will not be permanently connected over WAN. SERVER A has permanent internet access, but SERVER B will travel and therefore will be connected some days, and some days not.

QUESTION
    What is the best way to keep SERVER A and SERVER B synchronised? (Or multi-server replication, depending on your preferred terminology)?

Something that seems to do this job perfectly is DFS Replication, a service in Windows Server products. However, it does not operate unless DNS and Active Directory are installed. It refuses to work on in a "workgroup" but only in a "domain". Setting up a domain, DNS and Active Directory seem to be overkill for a SOHO environment, plus I'm not sure how to do that properly given our usage topology. All instructions seem to be for enterprise fixed infrastructure/LANs and talk about heirarchy's, forests, domain servers, active directory servers, replicating between these. This all seems like a lot of work to do even BEFORE doing the simple DFS replication (Keeping the data on SERVER A shares and SERVER B shares in sync).

Are there any other solutions? Limited budget. Free, opensource or cheap. No suggestions for ArcServe Replication at $5000+ thank you!

If you made it this far down the post, thanks for listening and any suggestions you might have are very welcome *Pimp Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016 :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016

1. Auto File Replication from Win10 to Win Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Auto File Replication

2. DFS replication stopped working from a previously virtualized server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS replication stopped working from a previously virtualized server: We have a Windows Server file server running as a Hyper-V VM, whose one of the functions is replication destination as part of DFS service. This server was temporary virtualized failover to Azure , then re-committed snapshot restored to the Hyper-V server. Everything works on...
  3. DFS replication stopped working from a previously virtualized server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DFS replication stopped working from a previously virtualized server: We have a Windows Server file server running as a Hyper-V VM, whose one of the functions is replication destination as part of DFS service. This server was temporary virtualized failover to Azure , then re-committed snapshot restored to the Hyper-V server. Everything works on...
  4. Server 2019 replication error 6408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2019 replication error 6408: I am getting error 6408 on my domain controllers. I have tried shutting of dfsr and re-syncing everything following the common posts about replication errors. Everything completes with no error but I keep getting 6408 when i restart the service. In DFS Management I have an...
  5. Server 2019 replication error 6408

Server 2019 replication error 6408: I am getting error 6408 on my domain controllers. I have tried shutting of dfsr and re-syncing everything following the common posts about replication errors. Everything completes with no error but I keep getting 6408 when i restart the service. In DFS Management I have an...
  6. Installation of kb4016635 Today, on Win Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of kb4016635 Today, on Win Server 2016: Hello.To make sure that all of our servers are protected of MS-17-010, I have to make sure that at list one of several hotfix's is installed on each server.This is the list for 2016 servers, according to the link bellow the list.Updates:kb4013429, kb4016635, kb4015217,...
  7. Installation of kb4016635 Today, on Win Server 2016

Installation of kb4016635 Today, on Win Server 2016: Hello.To make sure that all of our servers are protected of MS-17-010, I have to make sure that at list one of several hotfix's is installed on each server.This is the list for 2016 servers, according to the link bellow the list.Updates:kb4013429, kb4016635, kb4015217,...
  8. Installation of kb4016635 Today, on Win Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2016: I have a Hp Compaq 8200 elite I7 with 16GB memory, can I install Microsoft 2016 on this hardware and get a reasonable system, I am more interested in function than speed. It will be used as the server in a security test lab environment for virus/malware testing. The network...
  10. Is there a way to copy a Metro app from Win 10 to Win Server 2016?

Is there a way to copy a Metro app from Win 10 to Win Server 2016?: I'm curious if there's a way to copy this PDF app that I have installed on my Windows 10 machine to Windows Server 2016 Essentials? [img] PS. I need a simple PDF viewer on this Server machine, but I don't want to install Adobe or some other third party Win32 software....