Windows 10: Auto form fill in how to erase a single wrong entry?

Discus and support Auto form fill in how to erase a single wrong entry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Easy question.....(I hope) How to erase a single wrong entry (i.e. like my user name--misspelled by 1 letter) so it does not appear on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tenacious, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious Win User

Auto form fill in how to erase a single wrong entry?

Hi everyone!

Easy question.....(I hope)

How to erase a single wrong entry (i.e. like my user name--misspelled by 1 letter) so it does not appear on the drop down menu of the autofill offers every time I log in here?

Thanks.

:)

Tenacious, Oct 24, 2018

2. Save form entries

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try the simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows key + R and type inetcpl.cpl and hit
      enter.
    • Now click on Contents tab and click on settings button (Auto complete stores previous entries on Webpages suggests matches for you)
    • Now check the Form box and click on Ok.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 24, 2018
  3. ajmalco Win User
    Nokia C3 - deleting a single call log entry

Found a way: - Bring up your call list.

Give a Long Touch on the single entry that you want to erase and a mini-menu will display showing 'Delete' (from list) or 'edit'. Choose delete and you're sorted Auto form fill in how to erase a single wrong entry? :)

Hope this helps future enquirees.

ajmalco, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Wiggl3s Win User

First letter of sentence not auto capitalizing

Mine auto-corrects to "don't". It might have been added to the dictionary on accident. But it looks like to remove added words from the dictionary, it is an all or nothing type deal.

You can go to Settings > Keyboard > Typing Settings and hit "Reset Suggestions"

This will clear out all the user added suggestions/auto-corrects (going back to the default suggestions/auto-corrects).

It kind of sucks that you can't get a listing of added suggestions/auto-corrects and remove single entries, but oh well.

Hope that helps.

Wiggl3s, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Auto form fill in how to erase a single wrong entry? - Similar Threads - Auto form fill

2. Form filling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Form filling: Hi, I have a web site I access on my laptop and recently, when I enter numbers in a form which normally moves on to the next box it is now jumping 2 boxes. so when I put a 4 for example in the 1st box, the cursor moves to the 2nd box and I enter a 4 on there, it moves to the...
  3. Form filling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Form filling: Hi, I have a web site I access on my laptop and recently, when I enter numbers in a form which normally moves on to the next box it is now jumping 2 boxes. so when I put a 4 for example in the 1st box, the cursor moves to the 2nd box and I enter a 4 on there, it moves to the...
  4. Form filling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AUTO FILL in MAIL will NOT DELETE and is wrong

AUTO FILL in MAIL will NOT DELETE and is wrong: I have a FAKE auto fill address that is linked to my e personal email address. When I type the address in the TO box the FAKE address is first. ALL THE FORUM SUGGESTIONS DO NOT WORK. I am using the MAIL app, NOT the 365 MAIL app. There is NO "X" and no "i" button, and...
  6. Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge: Please Help: I have the older version of Edge (not chromium) and I want to know how to import auto fill forms into edge from an exported json file? When I go into settings, passwords & autofill, auto fill, manage forms all it shows is export, not import. [Kinda defeats the...
  7. Filling forms on URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filling forms on URL: Recently I have been unable to fill forms as requested on URL. I start but after a word or two, I am cast out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-forms-on-url/b874b1bb-3c59-441d-adc0-7dc0e952cc38
  8. auto form fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto form fill: I bought refurbished Dell 5050 and noticed a difference from old Dell - both used Windows 10 Pro. When I use the run command, it does not put in the last used command automatically. My old Dell 7010 running Windows 10 Pro would display last used command but now each time I...
  9. How to stop Google from auto filling forms

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Google from auto filling forms: Just recently I've noticed whenever I click on the field that needs to be filled in there's a drop-down of several of the last things I've entered in forms on Google. I'm not sure if this happens with one of the upgrades but recently it just started happening and I like to...
  10. Lastpass auto login and form fill

Lastpass auto login and form fill: Are their on-going issues with the Windows 10 extension for lastpass? If so, when can we expect a fix? 28964