Windows 10: auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top

Discus and support auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've run unto numerous problems with windows 10 and this appears to be one of them. I have an HP laptop bought at the wonderful Wally World (wal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEvanovich2, Dec 18, 2019.

1. auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top

I've run unto numerous problems with windows 10 and this appears to be one of them. I have an HP laptop bought at the wonderful Wally World (wal mart). I have the taskbar set to "auto hide" and the option "lock the taskbar" is checked. on every other machine I've had, this should cause the TB to hide itself when I move the cursor off the screen's bottom strip where the TB is located. this works fine on this new laptop except under 1 scenario: when firefox is the current window, so the one on top of all the others. in this case, I have to press the windows logo button to bring up the stupid TB.

does anyone else think this is a windows issue? it's possible it could be a FF issue. I don't believe my version of FF is any newer than what I had on my previous laptop, and I worked on that old laptop and saw it working just 1 month ago.

it should also be noted that right clicking on the TB and selecting "show desktop" doesn't work at all regardless of what app window is on top. see image.

Adam

auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top 87b8f812-8824-48ff-9281-3eb3070ffc35?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Dec 18, 2019

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2019
  4. auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top

1. auto hide of taskbar not working when firefox is on top - Similar Threads - auto hide taskbar

2. Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised: My taskbar doesn't show up when I maximize the view on an app. I used to keep taskbar at auto-hide mode before and when I scrolled onto it, the taskbar would come up. But now that doesn't seem to workThis happened just today and it seemed to work just fine before. it won't...
  3. Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised: My taskbar doesn't show up when I maximize the view on an app. I used to keep taskbar at auto-hide mode before and when I scrolled onto it, the taskbar would come up. But now that doesn't seem to workThis happened just today and it seemed to work just fine before. it won't...
  4. Hiding Taskbar doesn't work with firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Taskbar doesn't work with firefox: I recently installed a new windows os and I turned on automatically hide the taskbar, it hides and works fine but when I open/use Firefox it does not pop up and is permanently hidden, anyone knows a fix? submitted by /u/ThisDoesNotHelp [link] [comments]...
  5. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  6. taskbar auto hide not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar auto hide not working: tried settings, but taskbar will not stay on auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-auto-hide-not-working/e428f448-a6ba-4c45-92f8-08d2b65531b4
  7. auto hide taskbar when viewing movies

in Windows 10 Support
    auto hide taskbar when viewing movies: how do i tell the task bar that yes you are very useful but go away when i am watching a movie (that is avi and on the laptop) also sometimes there is a clearish thing on the bottom of the screen, with controls, when watching a movie. As there is print i need to read at the...
  8. Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?

in Browsers and Email
    Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?: Does any member know how to autohide bookmark toolbar? I entered a code from mozilla forum and pasted into userChrome.css folder ..but code does not work. There was a Firefox extension..Autohide Bookmark Toolbar but this does not work for Firefox 68.0.01 Is there another...
  9. Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working: Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings. [img] Any suggestion? Ps. Found a solution at the following: Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10 "Try restarting File Explorer or...
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351