Windows 10: Auto hide task bar turns off

Discus and support Auto hide task bar turns off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gorberus1337, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Auto hide task bar turns off

Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert box informing me that Auto hide task bar is already enabled and cant be enabled again. Closing notification i noticed that auto hide task bar wasn't working. I go into the preferences tab only to see that auto hide is no longer enabled and i need to enable it once again. I've been doing this daily ever since my system upd

:)

Gorberus1337, Jan 2, 2023
  2. 56Kruiser Win User

Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again.

Any suggestions?

56Kruiser, Jan 2, 2023
  3. jrowla Win User
    Auto hide task bar

If I right click the task bar, I have no Auto Hide selection. How do I auto hide task bar?

jrowla, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Auto hide task bar turns off

Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

Auto hide task bar turns off

1. Auto hide task bar turns off - Similar Threads - Auto hide task

2. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  3. Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11: The task bar is not auto-hiding even though I have the box checked in settings.Anyone have a fix, or how to let Microsoft know of the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-auto-hide-not-lowering-windows-11/ac1c5933-5bdb-4409-958e-1161c2ee2efb
  4. Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11: The task bar is not auto-hiding even though I have the box checked in settings.Anyone have a fix, or how to let Microsoft know of the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-auto-hide-not-lowering-windows-11/ac1c5933-5bdb-4409-958e-1161c2ee2efb
  5. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  6. Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  7. Task bar auto-hiding issues

Task bar auto-hiding issues: My computer is a Lenovo laptop, running Windows 10. I'm an educator, and my computer setup is controlled, by some extent, by my district IT group. My typical windows setup is to have my task bar set to auto hide/unhide when I'm working. I often have a second monitor plugged...
  8. Task bar auto-hide

Task bar auto-hide: Task bar automatic hide just quit working...can get it to hide momentarily by clicking on/off win start button checked "task bar" settings -- good...re-booted -- no diff...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding

Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding: I've seen many older posts about this, but not any particularly CLEAR fixes or explanations. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this? I need the task bar to hide as set so I can see the tabs in Excel and that bottom area of so many other applications when maximized. I am using...
  10. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it): Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when...