Windows 10: Auto hide taskbar problems

Discus and support Auto hide taskbar problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flemmingkk, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Auto hide taskbar problems

My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide.
    I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is.
    Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile

:)

flemmingkk, Oct 30, 2015
  2. DArcher12 Win User

Taskbar autohide not working on Windows 10

Original title:- DArcher

Auto hide taskbar does not respond. Taskbar will not auto hide. Unchecked box to auto hide, closed window, opened window back up and auto hide was checked again even after I unchecked it. Clicking on taskbar and desktop or open window does not do anything
    to hide taskbar.

DArcher12, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Casey_483 Win User
    Can't auto hide taskbar

Hello,

Prior to updating, my taskbar would auto hide just fine.

After updating, I noticed that my taskbar would not auto hide. I went into properties and checked to make sure that I had auto hide selected, I did. I decided to unapply and reapply this setting, unapplying lead to no change. When I selected auto hide again,
    the taskbar started to hide, and then did a little jump/flicker and will not hide.

I tried turning off the Action Center system icon, as users had had problems with that and auto hide in earlier versions, and that did not help.

Casey_483, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

Auto hide taskbar problems

1. Auto hide taskbar problems - Similar Threads - Auto hide taskbar

2. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  3. Windows taskbar not auto-hiding

Windows taskbar not auto-hiding: I've been running Win10 Pro for a month or so. For some reason my task bar will not auto hide when not in use. I have it set up correct;y, it just doesn't hide. I've seen a thread or two on different forums that the notification area was the problem. Does anyone have a...
  4. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?: Hi, I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and as you're probably aware, plasmas have the burn-in issue. So I enabled the Auto-hide taskbar function, but it still shows...
  5. Taskbar Auto Hide Fail ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taskbar Auto Hide Fail ?: Don't use Superantispyware icon on the bar. Just went through testing why and removing the icon fixed it. With the icon turned off, and still off, the icon showed up. Third Windows version with an icon problem. Guess SAS doesn't know how to program icons. If it happens...
  6. FIX - Windows 10 auto-hide taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX - Windows 10 auto-hide taskbar problem: So recently I became very unhappy with the fact that when I watched ANY kind of video on my laptop, my silly little taskbar would just stay there, not even auto-hide! But just today I figured out the problem, but unfortunately saw that many other people were having the...
  7. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  8. Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working: Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings. [img] Any suggestion? Ps. Found a solution at the following: Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10 "Try restarting File Explorer or...
  9. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...