Windows 10: Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

Discus and support Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imcanadian, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to on for auto-hide taskbar in settings. Let me know about this.

John

:)

imcanadian, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Blank_ Win User

Task-bar Doesn't Autohide on Windows 10

The taskbar was already set to auto-hide. I reset it again and it still doesn't work. My problem is that the taskbar doesn't disappear. I know that it reappears when I move the cursor over it, just the problem is that the taskbar doesn't
    disappear in the first place.

However, it does disappear on my desktop PC, and my desktop PC is set to the same settings as my laptop.

Blank_, Apr 22, 2017
  3. DDE Server Window: explorer.exe aplication error 0x00007FF653D190E2 / 0x00000000000000030

Enabling the "volume" icon works for me, too. Now I can have the auto-hide taskbar enabled on desktop with the volume icon and no error message. Yay! Thanks to Bushnaq.

WilliamWieder, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

1. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared - Similar Threads - Auto hide taskbar

2. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  3. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  4. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged: Ok so yesterday I was just using my computer as normal and when I was about shut it off I noticed majority of my desktop icons disappeared? It didn't happen right after I restarted my computer and my computer was relatively fine throughout the day. I installed some third...
  5. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared: So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the...
  6. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  7. taskbar auto hide not working

taskbar auto hide not working: tried settings, but taskbar will not stay on auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-auto-hide-not-working/e428f448-a6ba-4c45-92f8-08d2b65531b4
  8. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  9. Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working: Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings. [img] Any suggestion? Ps. Found a solution at the following: Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10 "Try restarting File Explorer or...
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351