Windows 10: Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Discus and support Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SDrimones, Sep 4, 2019.

1. SDrimones Win User

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?

:)

SDrimones, Sep 4, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 4, 2019
  3. ticoneva Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

1. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode - Similar Threads - Auto hide taskbar

2. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  3. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  4. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  6. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  7. Auto-hide taskbar

Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  8. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  9. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...