Windows 10: Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you...

Discus and support Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The UX issue of the dock bar's auto-hide not functioning properly, has been persisting for 25years. Microsoft Agent... Why has Microsoft NEVER fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Macoda, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Macoda Win User

Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you...

The UX issue of the dock bar's auto-hide not functioning properly, has been persisting for 25years.

Microsoft Agent... Why has Microsoft NEVER fixed this?

:)

Macoda, Dec 22, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you...

Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you...

1. Auto-Hide was implemented in W95. 25years later, we still have the same bug. What are you... - Similar Threads - Auto Hide was

2. The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a...: The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a multi-billion corporation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-menu-bar-doesnt-auto-hide-how-can-this-still/f6c14779-2a98-4380-8569-b5567b32e4ed
  3. The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a...: The menu bar doesn't auto hide, how can this still be a bug in the main software at a multi-billion corporation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-menu-bar-doesnt-auto-hide-how-can-this-still/f6c14779-2a98-4380-8569-b5567b32e4ed
  4. Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug: PC Specs:Windows 11 fully up-to-dateZ690 Gigabyte Aorus Pro DDR512700K32GB 5200 MT/s RAM1TB Samsung 970 Evo PlusGTX 1080EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Monitors:ASUS 1080p 75 HzSamsung 1440p 27" Odyssey G7 WQHD 240Hz Hi, So I have an issue in which to fix it I need...
  5. Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug

Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug: PC Specs:Windows 11 fully up-to-dateZ690 Gigabyte Aorus Pro DDR512700K32GB 5200 MT/s RAM1TB Samsung 970 Evo PlusGTX 1080EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Monitors:ASUS 1080p 75 HzSamsung 1440p 27" Odyssey G7 WQHD 240Hz Hi, So I have an issue in which to fix it I need...
  6. "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side": Whenever I connect my external Dell monitor to my Dell XPS laptop, I get a windows popup saying:"A toolbar is already hidden on this side of the screen. You can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side."Then in order to auto-hide my taskbar, I need to go into my taskbar...
  7. "you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side"

"you can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side": Whenever I connect my external Dell monitor to my Dell XPS laptop, I get a windows popup saying:"A toolbar is already hidden on this side of the screen. You can only have one auto-hide toolbar per side."Then in order to auto-hide my taskbar, I need to go into my taskbar...
  8. "What important applications does Microsoft still not own and have implemented into windows...

"What important applications does Microsoft still not own and have implemented into windows...: Hi everybody, I am an A+ certified, MCSE and I have been supporting Microsoft products as a private contractor since the days of DOS. DOS was a fantastic operating system first written by Gary Kildall and "emulated" lol by Tim Paterson. It was a VERY stable OS that I...
  9. Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.: I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me? 70207
  10. EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?

in Windows 10 Support
    EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?: Does anybody else feel like EVERYTHING is bugged in the new 10074 build ? I mean, starting from the StartMenu, going to the Settings Application, Opening up software, closing software, restarting your PC, logging in to your PC, Windows Explorer, installing software. Am I...