Windows 10: Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

Discus and support Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I don't know if was posted, I searched and not found what I am looking for even here or on the internet. I have a second monitor using with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vladfaratz, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

Hi! I don't know if was posted, I searched and not found what I am looking for even here or on the internet. I have a second monitor using with my laptop and I want the taskbar to be fully visible on the main screen, just as the default settings but on the second screen I want the taskbar to auto-hide and I cannot find that kind of setting in the settings... I am starting to believe that is not possible...

submitted by /u/vladfaratz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vladfaratz, Dec 9, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

1. Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen - Similar Threads - Auto hiding taskbar

2. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  3. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  4. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto-hide taskbar

Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  6. Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?: I'm looking to have the taskbar on the main display stay static while the taskbar on the second display has the auto-hide function. I've been looking around the internet and it seems my only options are to have it auto hide on both displays, remove it entirely on the second...
  7. Taskbar auto-hide fail

Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...