Windows 10: auto hotkey saving a script987=

Discus and support auto hotkey saving a script987= in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can download AutoHotkey, open it from my desktop, and write a script, following the steps in their tutorial. When I get to step 8, which is "save"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tommakawao, Jan 13, 2017.

1. auto hotkey saving a script987=

I can download AutoHotkey, open it from my desktop, and write a script, following the steps in their tutorial. When I get to step 8, which is "save" the script, it won't let me save it. What am I not doing ?

:)

tommakawao, Jan 13, 2017

2. Auto Hotkey

Yes, it is for Windows 10 also. But leave this, I have worked out a simple solution for you.

1. Open your Notepad and save it as email.text

2. Put required e mail in this and save and close it.

3. Open Notepad, save it as email.vbs (for this you will need to choose All files in Notepad)

4. Put following into it and save and close it.

Option Explicit

Dim wshShell

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run ("cmd.exe /C clip < email.txt"), 0, true

5. Right click on this file > Create Shortcut

6. Right click on Shortcut > Properties > In the Shortcut key box, press the required shortcut key say CTRL+ALT+M

7. In Windows Start > All Programs > Startup > Right Click > Open

8. Copy the Shortcut of step 6 into this Startup folder

9. Restart your computer.

10. Now whenever you press your shortcut, this will copy this e mail to clipboard

11. You can do CTRL+V then to paste

E for Excel, Jan 13, 2017
  3. oap7 Win User
    Auto Hotkey

Sorry. I am using Windows 10 version 1709. Is the solution different?

4. dalchina New Member

auto hotkey saving a script987=

Hi, I don't know which tutorial you're referring to as you haven't quoted a URL, so can't comment on that, I'm afraid.

You can write a script in any text editor, save it as txt, rename the file as ahk.

And there's the SciTE4AutoHotkey editor which comes with autohotkey and is sensitive to the script syntax.

auto hotkey saving a script987= [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

tommakawao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

auto hotkey saving a script987=

1. auto hotkey saving a script987= - Similar Threads - auto hotkey saving

2. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  3. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  4. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. auto saving a photo when saving to an album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto saving a photo when saving to an album: I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive and email with a picture, she'd click it to see it it would open in the Photos App, choose Add To. Then she would choose a...
  6. auto save

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto save: how can I add membership #'s ? ie. AAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-save/beddf685-4f27-4017-9ce9-c4174ab45adc
  7. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  8. Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard: I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this? 114471
  9. Auto HotKey

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto HotKey: Hi, This is a question about the program Auto HotKey, I would ask on their forum but I cannot register so I am hoping for help here. I am new to this program and not even sure if this is the correct program for my needs. I want to remap a specific key on my keyboard,...
  10. Disable auto save?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto save?: Okay so when i shut down my pc directly and close a specific app like discord. then shutting down immediatly using the start button when i turn on my pc again chrome automatically opens with that tabs last night and discord which i exited didnt start up as it should be...