Windows 10: Auto HotKey

Discus and support Auto HotKey in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is a question about the program Auto HotKey, I would ask on their forum but I cannot register so I am hoping for help here. I am new to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Sep 25, 2016.

1. jamos316 Win User

Auto HotKey

Hi,

This is a question about the program Auto HotKey, I would ask on their forum but I cannot register so I am hoping for help here.

I am new to this program and not even sure if this is the correct program for my needs.
    I want to remap a specific key on my keyboard, the power key, i want this to trigger a script to first sign out of windows then to put my laptop in sleep mode.
    I then want to remap my media controller, it has a power button that at the moment does nothing. How can I set this to perform an action?
    Also i would like my media controller to wake my pc up from sleep state but when i look in device manager i has no power management tab.

:)

jamos316, Sep 25, 2016

2. Auto Hotkey

Yes, it is for Windows 10 also. But leave this, I have worked out a simple solution for you.

1. Open your Notepad and save it as email.text

2. Put required e mail in this and save and close it.

3. Open Notepad, save it as email.vbs (for this you will need to choose All files in Notepad)

4. Put following into it and save and close it.

Option Explicit

Dim wshShell

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run ("cmd.exe /C clip < email.txt"), 0, true

5. Right click on this file > Create Shortcut

6. Right click on Shortcut > Properties > In the Shortcut key box, press the required shortcut key say CTRL+ALT+M

7. In Windows Start > All Programs > Startup > Right Click > Open

8. Copy the Shortcut of step 6 into this Startup folder

9. Restart your computer.

10. Now whenever you press your shortcut, this will copy this e mail to clipboard

11. You can do CTRL+V then to paste

E for Excel, Sep 25, 2016
  3. oap7 Win User
    Auto Hotkey

Sorry. I am using Windows 10 version 1709. Is the solution different?

4. Auto HotKey

Hi,
    I use AHK some, but I'm not an expert. So I can't help you with remapping your power button.

Can you explain why you cannot register on the AutoHotkey Forum? Go to this site: AutoHotkey Community - Index page

Then click "Register," and follow directions. What is blocking you?

You could try their IRC channel, many helpful experts there.

Derek Zehr, Sep 26, 2016
  5. jamos316 Win User
    it just wont email me the confirmation

jamos316, Sep 26, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You may find your email address is regarded as suspect by their site- I've found that certain of my email address formats aren't even accepted by a few sites. The answer is to have a couple of different alternative email addresses.

As to devices being able to wake a PC - that very much depends on your PC. For example, astonishingly it took my unusually competent laptop supplier some time to discover that my PC model no longer supported the keyboard waking it.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Auto HotKey

1. Auto HotKey - Similar Threads - Auto HotKey

2. Auto Joins Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Joins Family Safety?: I was using my computer when I got a popup saying I need "adult" permission to enter this site or app."You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family."I never activated Family Settings and then I saw a family organizer who...
  3. Auto Joins Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Joins Family Safety?: I was using my computer when I got a popup saying I need "adult" permission to enter this site or app."You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family."I never activated Family Settings and then I saw a family organizer who...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard Auto Scroll issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard Auto Scroll issue: We have a desktop computer. Windows 11 Pro. We have been having issues with our keyboard missing letters and then our mouse died, so we bought a new one of both. We installed the new one, now we have auto scroll issues on windows screens, not just the browser, and we cannot...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard Auto Scroll issue

Mouse and Keyboard Auto Scroll issue: We have a desktop computer. Windows 11 Pro. We have been having issues with our keyboard missing letters and then our mouse died, so we bought a new one of both. We installed the new one, now we have auto scroll issues on windows screens, not just the browser, and we cannot...
  6. Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???: Seriously, this is by far the worst Microsoft idea that I have ever seen. And where is the EXACT option to stop that weird stuff?? I want it on ALL the time! I need to always see the language, opened tasks, etc stuff, not it deciding to disappearing when my cursor is not on...
  7. Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???

Why the taskbar just auto-disappears when my cursor is not on it? How can I stop it???: Seriously, this is by far the worst Microsoft idea that I have ever seen. And where is the EXACT option to stop that weird stuff?? I want it on ALL the time! I need to always see the language, opened tasks, etc stuff, not it deciding to disappearing when my cursor is not on...
  8. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  9. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  10. auto hotkey saving a script987=

auto hotkey saving a script987=: I can download AutoHotkey, open it from my desktop, and write a script, following the steps in their tutorial. When I get to step 8, which is "save" the script, it won't let me save it. What am I not doing ? 74802