Windows 10: Auto lock screen

Discus and support Auto lock screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anybody experiencing windows going to lock screen just a few minutes of idleness?? Tried everything mentioned in this video I am going crazy, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nihilatbest, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Auto lock screen

Anybody experiencing windows going to lock screen just a few minutes of idleness?? Tried everything mentioned in this video

I am going crazy, even when playing games, a minute of two of idleness, my screen goes into lockscreen.

What to do?

submitted by /u/nihilatbest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nihilatbest, Oct 14, 2020

2. auto screen orientation

Hi Eamonn,

The auto rotation may have been locked that's why the screen orientation doesn't change automatically. To address this problem, we need to make sure that the auto rotation lock is off and that the auto-rotate is enabled. Follow these steps:

• On your tablet, tap the Start menu, then choose Settings.
    • Go to System > Display.
    • Scroll down and set Lock rotation to Off.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Auto lock screen

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Auto lock screen

1. Auto lock screen - Similar Threads - Auto lock screen

2. How to auto lock screen after a timeout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to auto lock screen after a timeout?: I'm trying to set Windows 11 Pro to lock the screen after a timeout.If I go to Settings => Account => Sign-in Options, the setting for "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" says "Never". I've tried changing this to every other available...
  3. How to auto lock screen after a timeout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto lock screen after a timeout?: I'm trying to set Windows 11 Pro to lock the screen after a timeout.If I go to Settings => Account => Sign-in Options, the setting for "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" says "Never". I've tried changing this to every other available...
  4. Screen rotated for no reason - auto-lock is on and greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen rotated for no reason - auto-lock is on and greyed out: I have a laptop with Windows 11. In theory, it can be used in tablet mode, but I never do. I ALWAYS use it in landscape mode NEVER portrait. Oftentimes, when I open it up, it has rotated to Portrait. The Screen-lock is always set to yes and greyed out regardless of what...
  5. Screen rotated for no reason - auto-lock is on and greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen rotated for no reason - auto-lock is on and greyed out: I have a laptop with Windows 11. In theory, it can be used in tablet mode, but I never do. I ALWAYS use it in landscape mode NEVER portrait. Oftentimes, when I open it up, it has rotated to Portrait. The Screen-lock is always set to yes and greyed out regardless of what...
  6. Auto lock screen for limited time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto lock screen for limited time: Hello I work in a office where my manager requested me to make something which would auto lock screens of all employees for a limited time and the password to unlock the screen should be only known to manager once that limited time is over all the employees should be able...
  7. auto lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto lock screen: I have an issue where when I leave my pc for 1 minute it auto locks the pc and requires ro enter password and I want to disable this feature. And I have the screen off and sleep after turned to never and the control panel turn off the display and put the pc to sleep turned to...
  8. Computer Auto-Locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Auto-Locking: Recently, I was watching videos on my Fujistu T-26 laptop, when my screen quickly shows “Locking...” for a split second before going into sleep mode. My display settings for both plugged in and on battery power are all set to never. Im not sure if i pressed a button for this...
  9. Auto lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto lock: I have been trying to disable my auto lock on windows 10pro and it will just not work. I have done most of the tutorials on the internet and none of them have worked. If anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ColecraftA...
  10. Screen won't auto-lock

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen won't auto-lock: Personalization Lock Screen Screen Time-out settings Screen: when plugged in, turn off after 5 minutes Sleep: When plugged in, pc goes to sleep after 10 minutes Require password on wake-up is checked. When left alone, the screen will never turn off. Any thoughts as...