Windows 10: Auto Locking and Shutting Down

Discus and support Auto Locking and Shutting Down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fitzy, May 4, 2021.

1. Fitzy Win User

Auto Locking and Shutting Down

Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely shut down, then press the startr button and it resumes as if nothing has happened, all powewr settings are set as 'never', power buttons, lid closing and everything else are set as 'do nothing', i've followed the instructions from Google about enabling the 'do not display lock screen' in gpedit section, i've also read loads of pages on this site about it, but to no avail, my laptop is a Dell E6420, i5, 4GB RAM. This never happens on my other general use laptop, this Dell machine is solely for my Jaguar diagnosis software, so doesn't have any other software installed, i'm trying to download all the updates for the software, as it's freshly installed, there's loads of uodates to download and install, but it's taking over twice as long due to all these lock/shut downs, it should've completed overnigth, but shut down at some point. Any help please guys & girls?

:)

Fitzy, May 4, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

If your CPU is overheating due to dust on the heat sink (very common on old laptops) it will shutdown to protect itself.
    Download Open Hardware Monitor and extract to a folder (I have extracted mine to C:\Program Files (x86)\HardwareMonitor.).
    Run openhardwaremonitor.exe and on the options set to start with windows.
    You can configure what to see on the gadget and on the try, Very good
    CPU should never work above 80ºC.

Auto Locking and Shutting Down [​IMG]

Auto Locking and Shutting Down [​IMG]

Megahertz, May 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 5, 2021
  4. Fitzy Win User

Hi Guys

I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely shut down, then press the startr button and it resumes as if nothing has happened, all powewr settings are set as 'never', power buttons, lid closing and everything else are set as 'do nothing', i've followed the instructions from Google about enabling the 'do not display lock screen' in gpedit section, i've also read loads of pages on this site about it, but to no avail, my laptop is a Dell E6420, i5, 4GB RAM. This never happens on my other general use laptop, this Dell machine is solely for my Jaguar diagnosis software, so doesn't have any other software installed, i'm trying to download all the updates for the software, as it's freshly installed, there's loads of uodates to download and install, but it's taking over twice as long due to all these lock/shut downs, it should've completed overnigth, but shut down at some point.

Any help please guys & girls?

Fitzy, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Auto Locking and Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Auto Locking Shutting

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW: How come my computer got the Auto Shut down Window on my notebook after pre-release upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-shut-down-window/8d6b7908-f6e6-487d-be2c-acc4633d0eee
  5. Locking and systems shuts down???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locking and systems shuts down???: Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So annoying and it happens alot....
  6. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  7. Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after: My pc has problem... go to start up it with power on button and go 3-sec and auto restart repeatedly Before this when was going to startup when entered Windows auto restart repeatedly May power button has problem or... UPS slot Problem... connect to other slot?...
  8. Auto-shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-shut down: After updating to windows 1909, I am experiencing auto shut down issues with my notebook at 20% battery level. So I did reset my pc and the issue is solved like magic but, then after installing all my apps, the issue is back again. My pc specs:- HP omen 15 i7-8750h gtx1050...
  9. lock-up at shut-down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lock-up at shut-down: My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-up-at-shut-down/ce811795-053c-4254-ba88-ba9adbb60ec3
  10. Issue of auto shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue of auto shutting down: We had a windows 2012 server with us and MySQL for an application is working with it. The day before yesterday it starts shutting down automatically and showing an error like entering to low power state in event manager. We thought it was due to some heating problem or...