Windows 10: Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Discus and support Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phillip.Hart, May 3, 2019.

1. Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Hi!

I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by:

- Pressing Windows key + R

- Type "netplwiz"

Then there would be a box that you would uncheck if you wanted to auto-login to that account.

However, after a big Windows update, that box to auto-login disappeared. We have looked at other forums and there is no other suggested route besides going into the Registry and changing something. But, that is way too evasive and if done wrong, could damage the computer. Is there any other route to auto-login into a specific account after this update that doesn't involve the registry?

Thank You!

:)

Phillip.Hart, May 3, 2019
  2. keakar Win User

XP auto update thingy

to get net 3 you will have to follow the steps i mentioned.

net 3 has some better security features so i would recommend finding time to update it.

keakar, May 3, 2019
  3. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 3, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

1. Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update - Similar Threads - Auto Login Cumulative

2. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  3. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  4. Auto Login after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Login after update: I want to enable auto login after update, but that button is greyed out in my settings app. System is on 19043.1151. Your thoughts please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-login-after-update/75f484b6-028b-4c5b-a73f-ad95c4ce9d58
  5. auto login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    auto login to windows: i just reinstalled windows to 20H2 using a local offline account but how do i auto sign in without entering a password? netplwiz no longer has the option. i googled and it is supposed to be under sign in options doesnt have the option also. it does have the option to auto...
  6. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  7. Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates: All Windows 10 Cumulative Updates from ‎2/‎29/‎2020 to 04/12/2020 will not allow me to sign in to to Microsoft. WHY?!!!!!!!!!! Windows Spec Edition: Windows 10 Home Version : 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 Laptop : LAPTOP-J5VM6TVB Processor: IntelR CoreTMmi7-8550U...
  8. Auto shutdown after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto shutdown after login: My friend's desktop just shuts itself down after a minute of login. Tried blowing dust out, cleaning ram, nothing works. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e868cs/auto_shutdown_after_login/
  9. Windows auto login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows auto login.: My sister was trying to get into her account on my families windows 10 pc. her account has a time limits connected to her account (using timeboss ( a program that i won't get into because it isn't the problem)) and for some reason is out of time (again, i wont get into it...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180