Windows 10: Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Discus and support Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phillip.Hart, May 3, 2019.

1. Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Hi!

I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by:

- Pressing Windows key + R

- Type "netplwiz"

Then there would be a box that you would uncheck if you wanted to auto-login to that account.

However, after a big Windows update, that box to auto-login disappeared. We have looked at other forums and there is no other suggested route besides going into the Registry and changing something. But, that is way too evasive and if done wrong, could damage the computer. Is there any other route to auto-login into a specific account after this update that doesn't involve the registry?

Thank You!

:)

Phillip.Hart, May 3, 2019
  2. keakar Win User

XP auto update thingy

to get net 3 you will have to follow the steps i mentioned.

net 3 has some better security features so i would recommend finding time to update it.

keakar, May 3, 2019
  3. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 3, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

1. Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update - Similar Threads - Auto Login Cumulative

2. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup: Hi , I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it from win or...
  3. Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails: Hey! I did the windows 10 1809 update so I could play with RTX. Before this update I have been able to login automatically without typing any password, but after the update a new login screen appeard which breaks this. First it says that I entered the wrong username or...
  4. Auto login Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login Failure: i need help. the xbox app auto login the games on windows 10 wont allow me to log in. when i play (astroneer) a grey box with xbox live written in it pops up and disappears it keeps doing that again and again .i can't play or see the game, i tried thw same thing with hello...
  5. Auto login Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login Failure: i need help. the xbox app auto login the games on windows 10 wont allow me to log in. when i play (astroneer) a grey box with xbox live written in it pops up and disappears it keeps doing that again and again .i can't play or see the game, i tried thw same thing with hello...
  6. How to Auto Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Auto Login: I want to be able to just turn on my Computer running Windows 10 and have it LOGIN automatically. all the tricks on the web aren't working. Please advise Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-login/84922d66-c5b3-4da1-9279-57955a3d77b9
  7. Error after Cumulative Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error after Cumulative Windows Update: I have a Dell Vostro 3578 with windows 10 v1809... Yesterday the brightness of the laptop was not changing so I updated Intel UHD 620 graphics driver and I fixed the brightness... After some time I got a Cumulative update (I can't remember the name) and some other updates of...
  8. login after a Windows update

login after a Windows update: I used to be able to login after a windows update without filling in the password. Now I don't, how do I restore the function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/login-after-a-windows-update/1dd9c1a7-f783-4d6e-b85c-cba6836ba98e
  9. Windows auto login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows auto login.: My sister was trying to get into her account on my families windows 10 pc. her account has a time limits connected to her account (using timeboss ( a program that i won't get into because it isn't the problem)) and for some reason is out of time (again, i wont get into it...
  10. auto login

auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180