Windows 10: Auto Login from User Selection

Discus and support Auto Login from User Selection in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I have 5 users setup on my Windows 10 machine. All have a PIN and are required to log in using this. I shutdown my machine each day Power ->... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NathanPearce, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Auto Login from User Selection

Hi

I have 5 users setup on my Windows 10 machine. All have a PIN and are required to log in using this.

I shutdown my machine each day Power -> Shutdown. But when I start up my machine and it sits at the lock screen. It will Play the last YouTube video or NetFlix preview that was last open when I was logged in and shutdown the machine. Surely this shouldn't open these desktop apps and run them before anyone has actually logged in?

Is there some hidden setting for this?

I would expect a full shutdown, then power on, to sit at the lock screen without running any desktop applications?

Regards

Nathan

:)

NathanPearce, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Auto Login from User Selection

Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Auto Login from User Selection

1. Auto Login from User Selection - Similar Threads - Auto Login User

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  4. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  5. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  6. Chrome password manager auto-selecting "other user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome password manager auto-selecting "other user": I am having this issue on my pc at home where every time I try to check a password on google chrome I get this authentication pop up where it asks me to enter my password. The problem is that it always selects "other user" instead of my profile administrator. This isn't...
  7. Login problem - unable to select another user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problem - unable to select another user: I discovered a problem with login - only one user always comes up to login and no other user is displayed new or existing. I have tried many things and unable to figure it out. One suggestion was based on using lusrmgr but on my pc it get an error saying this may not be...
  8. Cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks.: Sir, Have windows10 and cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks. Can someone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-the-auto-login-selection-from/7ba14870-764d-4b2c-8069-c866a1ff2795
  9. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...
  10. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...