Windows 10: auto login on /in hotmail

Discus and support auto login on /in hotmail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can one stop Hotmail from automatically saving user login details????? no mater what I do Hotmail is saving my password and adopting an auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frankie.o, Nov 28, 2019.

1. frankie.o Win User

auto login on /in hotmail

how can one stop Hotmail from automatically saving user login details?????

no mater what I do Hotmail is saving my password and adopting an auto login process

this is really not acceptable.

I have tried every thing but it still continues no mater what is done

:)

frankie.o, Nov 28, 2019

2. Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

Thank you one and all for you advice.

In answer to Caledon Ken: My details at Accounts/Your Info is:
    My Name
    My Hotmail email address
    and Administrator

So I guess that means I have a Microsoft Account to sign in.

In answer to MrGeek: Thanks for the safe mode warning. I shall use my spare laptop to experiment in the way you suggested.

In answer to NavyLCDR: Thanks for the full explanation of what is going on with auto-login and the tip.

Just a thought. What if I just turned sync off? As I said I don't access my Hotmail or Microsoft Store.

crockhamtown, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 28, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. auto login on /in hotmail - Similar Threads - auto login hotmail

2. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  3. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  4. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  5. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  6. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hotmail login problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail login problems: For the past few months, I've had problems logging in to hotmail/outlook whenever Ichange device. I normally use a desktop windows PC, but occasionally use a windows laptop or an android tablet. I'm away from home at the moment, going home tomorrow, but for the past 2 days...
  8. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  9. auto login in hotmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto login in hotmail: stop Hotmail from automatically saving user login details nomater what I do Hotmail is saving my password and adoptind an auto login this is not acceptable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-login-in-hotmail/062f06c6-ed95-4b59-83c4-c3a4ec76867b
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180