Windows 10: Auto login unexpected poweroff

Discus and support Auto login unexpected poweroff in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I jeed to figure out a way (group policy script, whatever other solution) to have a win10p machine automatically sign in after an unexpected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SLUSER1, Mar 17, 2019.

1. SLUSER1 Win User

Auto login unexpected poweroff

Hi,

I jeed to figure out a way (group policy script, whatever other solution) to have a win10p machine automatically sign in after an unexpected poweroff and lock after sign in and startup processes have executed.

the use case is in case of an unexpected power outage, so that the client isn’t reliant on us admins to punch in a password they dont have access to.

so is there a way (even if not using the following method) to watch for the unexpected power off event and trigger an auto login at that point?

or really any way to restore the system to its previously working state without the need for manual password entry, without removing auto lock/inactivity lock policies in place?

thanks very much.

:)

SLUSER1, Mar 17, 2019

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 17, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Auto login unexpected poweroff - Similar Threads - Auto login unexpected

2. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  3. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  4. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  5. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  6. Auto-login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto-login: After this most recent update 21H1 as far as I know my pc has been logging me in before I even finish typing in my login pin. This seems like a bit of a security issue to me. How do I stop this from happening?...
  7. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  8. Auto Login Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Login Issues: Hello all, Ive been having a rough time trying to get my computer to auto login on startup. After searching through the forums I havent found an issue specifically like mine so figured Id start a new thread. I have turned off hello sign in in the sign in options, set password...
  9. Auto login and pictures at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto login and pictures at login: Hello, I configured auto login on the computer with Windows 10 I use. The version is Windows 10 Entreprise Version 1607, and I cannot change this (requirement from the entreprise to keep this version). However, since I configured auto login, the user account picture is no...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180