Windows 10: Auto Login

Discus and support Auto Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Richard#44, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:42 AM.

1. Auto Login

As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do I make the computer always restart at a login choice page - without having to give the kids accounts passwords

:)

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 11, 2021 at 7:43 AM
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

4. Peer_Sam Win User

Auto Login

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Thema:

Auto Login

1. Auto Login - Similar Threads - Auto Login

2. Window 10 Auto Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Auto Login: I just purchased an HP Windows 10 laptop. I cannot disable the auto password login. I searched the internet and I know what needs to be done. The problem is that I do not have an option to uncheck"User Name and Passwords under "User Account" I called a tech support...
  3. Windows 10 Update to 20H2 Issues Black Screen With Auto-Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update to 20H2 Issues Black Screen With Auto-Login: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 and I have an issue that seems to be part of the infamous Black Screen problem that plagues many users. First off, here's how my computer boots into Windows Auto-Login Enabled. Boot the computer Windows Logo and spinning dots It...
  4. Auto Login Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto Login Issues: Hello all, Ive been having a rough time trying to get my computer to auto login on startup. After searching through the forums I havent found an issue specifically like mine so figured Id start a new thread. I have turned off hello sign in in the sign in options, set password...
  5. Auto Login Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Login Issues: Hello all, Ive been having a rough time trying to get my computer to auto login on startup. After searching through the forums I havent found an issue specifically like mine so figured Id start a new thread. I have turned off hello sign in in the sign in options, set password...
  6. How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to have Windows auto-login on startup - stop asking for pin?: As the subject says, I want Windows to stop asking for a stupid pin or password or any other security thing every time I start my computer. I tried following the registry editing instructionshere, but I don't have the "DefaultUserName" or "DefaultPassword" entries listed in...
  7. Unable set auto login (W10 home 20H2 build 19042.572)

Unable set auto login (W10 home 20H2 build 19042.572): I wish to set auto login (for both start-up as well as resume from standby/suspend) on Windows 10 home, 20H2 build 19042.572 version, as well as remove the lock screen. The user account is administrator and the password is blank. At this point I have removed the lock screen...
  8. Unable set auto login (W10 home 20H2 build 19042.572)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable set auto login (W10 home 20H2 build 19042.572): I wish to set auto login (for both start-up as well as resume from standby/suspend) on Windows 10 home, 20H2 build 19042.572 version, as well as remove the lock screen. The user account is administrator and the password is blank. At this point I have removed the lock screen...
  9. 20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login: Just updated to 20H2 on a new build and when I ran Netplwiz there is no option for auto login. There is no option to turn on/off Hello anymore either. Any idea if we will still be able to auto login anymore? 166791
  10. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?: so i have a desktop with windows 10 and was able to bypass(or auto log in?) password easily but i dont remember how i did it. same with my win10 laptop. now in this other laptop i recently installed windows and cannot figure out how to bypass password. in settings i dont have...