Windows 10: Auto logoff time is too short

Discus and support Auto logoff time is too short in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is too quick to shut off windows; I can't afford to waste time logging on with password every time I turn away to check paperwork. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eatberry, Jan 17, 2019.

1. eatberry Win User

Auto logoff time is too short

My laptop is too quick to shut off

windows; I can't afford to waste time logging on with password every time I turn away to check paperwork. I estimate it closes after only maybe two minutes though I haven'[t timed it. I'd prefer it kept the screen I'm using open for at least 10 minutes. Help, please?

:)

eatberry, Jan 17, 2019
  2. jones1941 Win User

How do I set auto logoff to specific time after idle?

How do I set auto logoff time after system idle on Windows 10?

Moved from Insider

jones1941, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 17, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm just going to wait and see. Perhaps my PC (and yours) are bottom of the list for this update for some reason.

Sure manual check upgrades it but auto doesn't.

Sorry I can't suggest why...

Thema:

1. Auto logoff time is too short - Similar Threads - Auto logoff too

2. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  3. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  4. BSOD frequently in short time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  5. Finding mp3 files that are too short

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding mp3 files that are too short: I have a rather large collection of mp3 files and when played some are incomplete and are thus only partial files.How can I list all mp3 file in a directory and it subdirectories and then sort by file size?I can get a list of all mp3 files using the Search Command in File...
  6. Windows Activation Key Too Short

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Key Too Short: I just fresh installed windows to my new SSD, and it asked for the activation key like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, but my code is shorter so it doesn´t work. Also i cant find it anywhere anymore because i deleted windows off my old ssd so can i have it back someway??...
  7. windows 10 auto logoff

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 auto logoff: How do I turn this feature off. Under power settings I have the screen set to turn off at 2 hours. I have used this setting forever and when I return and move the mouse it comes back on. Now all of the sudden it is logging out. Screen saver is set to none....
  8. Auto-LogOff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-LogOff: I need a solution either for server 2016&2019 or for Windows 10. That will force a logoff after a user has been inactive for 6 hours. Some specifics; 1. I don't care about their data or if they have saved their work. They need to be logged off after 6hrs. 2. The auto...
  9. automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.: I need to set the inactive time on the computer longer than it is. It shuts down in a few minutes. Looking up items and making notes is bothersome as I need to continually ....
  10. Auto logoff in a timeframe.

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto logoff in a timeframe.: I know how to block out time the pc can't be used in earlier Windows versions, but I don't see how in WIN10. Is it still possible? How? Thanks. 51874

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log off time too short

2. too short logoff screen win10