Windows 10: Auto Logon

Discus and support Auto Logon in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Auto Logon on my home PC for years. In the past I used netplwiz to set it up. I recently reloaded my computer OS due to ongoing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by malleichter, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Auto Logon

I have been using Auto Logon on my home PC for years. In the past I used netplwiz to set it up. I recently reloaded my computer OS due to ongoing Blue Screen issues. I use Microsoft's create media tool to create a bootable thumb drive and installed from there. Went to netpl wiz and the option to logon without using a password is no longer there.

I am currently on Ver 2004 and build 19041.450. Is there another way to set up auto logon

Thanks

:)

malleichter, Aug 21, 2020
  2. wp51dos Win User

Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10.

Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go.

I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the box require password, and then rebooting and then requiring password no And I went through the usual steps. I supply the correct username and password.

Still no go.

I have searched this formum, googled it, and check the few textbooks I have in this my friends. Still no go.

Suggestions please

wp51dos, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Auto Logon

Auto logon after restart

Hi Moonrage,

You've mentioned that you've done a registry editor tweak already but still didn't work.

Just to make sure, does this include a step where you navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch?

If yes, you may try this steps where you will edit a group policy from the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    :

• Type Local Group Policy Editor from the Search bar.
    • Go to the User Configuration > Windows Settings >
      Scripts (Logon/Logoff).
    • Double-click Logon, then click Add.
    • Set the Script Name to: C:\windows\system32\reg.exe.
    • Set the Script Parameters to: add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the PC.

Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Auto Logon

1. Auto Logon - Similar Threads - Auto Logon

2. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  3. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  4. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto display logon at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto display logon at boot: I have a couple of computers. One has Windows 11 Pro and at boot up when the system is ready it automatically displays the login screen. You know it is all set to go. I also have Windows 11 Home and Windows 10. These systems do not automatically display the login. The screen...
  6. Auto display logon at boot

Auto display logon at boot: I have a couple of computers. One has Windows 11 Pro and at boot up when the system is ready it automatically displays the login screen. You know it is all set to go. I also have Windows 11 Home and Windows 10. These systems do not automatically display the login. The screen...
  7. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  8. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  9. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Does auto logon still work after change the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does auto logon still work after change the password: I would like to know does the auto logon feature still work if I change the password.Example, I set the password initially to '123' during enable auto logon. After few days, I manually / use script to change the password. Does the auto logon automatically capture the new...