Windows 10: Auto-magnify when switching between standard and 4k monitor

Discus and support Auto-magnify when switching between standard and 4k monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi have 2 monitors hooked up to my tower running Windows 10: a normal size computer monitor (1280 x 1024) and a 4k monitor (set to 3840 x 2160; any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidmyyeh, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Auto-magnify when switching between standard and 4k monitor

Hi have 2 monitors hooked up to my tower running Windows 10: a normal size computer monitor (1280 x 1024) and a 4k monitor (set to 3840 x 2160; any higher and I get bugs).

Let's say I have a window open in my normal size computer monitor, and I click and drag into my 4k monitor. The window or folder that I drag MAGNIFIES when it halfway transitions to the 4k monitor. Annoying! (The whole reason I got a 4k monitor is to take advantage of the increased screen real estate). I don't even know what to call this 'feature' (auto-magnify?) - it's different than the windows-+ magnify feature (within the already magnified 4k monitor, I can windows-+ magnify), so no idea how to turn off this auto-magnify feature.

And then, let's say I take a window or folder from my 4k monitor and attempt to drag it to my normal size computer monitor. The window STAYS HUGE and won't fit my normal monitor until I click and drag a corner of the window until it is completely within the normal monitor, and THEN it shrinks back down.

:)

davidmyyeh, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Magnification on only 1 screen when using duplicate display

Not that I know of.

If you are using the "duplicate displays" feature, then everything is duplicated, including the magnification.

The only thing I can suggest is a hardware solution. Many years ago the company I was working for was rolling out new computers. They had 19" CRT monitors (super huge at that time) that could handle up to 2500x??? resolution, even though the company default
    was HD 1080x1920. But one user had that monitor pulled as close to the edge of the desk as it would go AND they set the resolution to 640x480! The image was HUGE. It was so "in my face" I almost dislocated my shoulders leaning back away from it! <grin> while
    working on it.

If the screen you want to use the "magnifier" on is physically large, 42-50" (or larger) and it supports 4K, the elements on screen can be large compared to a "normal" 20-30" monitor.

My daily use computer is a laptop with a 13" "HD" / 1080x1920 built in screen. I have a 4K, 42" monitor connected to it. I have 6 intermediate resolutions that the screen and video card can support between 1080x1920 and UHD 2160x3840 (4K) resolutions. So while
    the built in screen is set to HD, I can set the 42" screen to any of the resolutions between HD and UHD to create a "magnifier" effect while using the duplicate display option.

Rohn007, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Multiple monitor alignment

I have a 50" 4K UHD monitor (4096x2160) and a 28" 4K UHD (3880x2160). The 50" is treated as my primary monitor. and is in standard Landscape mode (4096x2160). The 28" is to the left and is in Portrait mode (2160x3880). Physically they are almost a perfect
    match in this layout.

The trouble comes when I wish to go between them using the mouse. From the Portrait mode monitor I cannot move to the Landscape one unless I move the mouse to 1/2 way down and then it moves to the Landscape monitor top.

My suggestion is simple. Have a check mark to scale the edges that touch, so that the Portrait mode 3880 to is scaled to 2160 for the Landscape monitor top, as far as mouse cross-over is concerned, and vice versa. This would align the visual to the physical
    and make it easier to use.

LonnieNunweiler, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Auto-magnify when switching between standard and 4k monitor

1. Auto-magnify when switching between standard and 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Auto magnify switching

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need help switching between three monitors

Need help switching between three monitors: I have my computer connected to three screens. Two 1080p monitors and a 4k TV. I want to use the two monitors for regular use, but switch over to displaying on the TV for media consumption. Also, one of the two monitors I'm using is oriented vertically. My monitors are as...
  6. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors: For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having additional clutter. The problem is that when we switch the main monitor A to the secondary monitor B it will automatically change to...
  7. Switching between single and dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between single and dual monitors: I have a dual monitor setup but often only need a single monitor. Windows does not recognize if the second monitor is off and will attempt to open apps and windows in the non existent second monitor forcing me to switch it on. Is this the default behavior and is there any way...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. On lock screen, Narrator and Magnifier auto-start, switched off

in Windows 10 Support
    On lock screen, Narrator and Magnifier auto-start, switched off: Hi guys, My magnifier and narrator auto-start on the lock screen despite them both being switched off in the Ease of Use panel. The narrator turns off when the desktop loads and the magnifier stays on in the shape of the magnifying glass in the upper left area of the...