Windows 10: Auto mapping share permissions to file

Discus and support Auto mapping share permissions to file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder on my hard drive that I share to a box and watch what I have saved there. That works without issue. Problem is when I add files I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/random_cable_guy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Auto mapping share permissions to file

I have a folder on my hard drive that I share to a box and watch what I have saved there. That works without issue. Problem is when I add files I need to add that specific file with everyone permission to be able to share with the box. Is there a way to auto add everyone permissions to any file I transfer to that folder?

submitted by /u/random_cable_guy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/random_cable_guy, Feb 6, 2021

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    File sharing help

With windows permissions a share has to be on the same group. You should be able to map the drive though

Jetster, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Auto mapping share permissions to file

File and Printer Sharing Between Vista and Windows 10

Hi,

To share a folder in Windows Vista, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Ensure that file sharing is enabled as described in the Enabling File and Printer Sharing Options section of this article.
    • Click Start, and then click Computer.
    • In the Computer window, navigate to the folder containing the folder that you want to share.
    • Right-click the folder that you want to share, and then click Share. The
      File Sharing window is displayed.
    • If you have password protected sharing enabled, use the File Sharing window to select which users can access the shared folder and their permission level. To allow all users, select
      Everyone in the list of users. By default, the permission level for a selected user is Reader. Users cannot change files or create new files in the share. To allow a user to change files or folders or create new files or folders, select Co-owner
      as the permission level. Figure 5 shows an example of configuring users and permission levels in the
      File Sharing window.

If you have password protected sharing disabled, use the File Sharing window to select the Guest or Everyone account. This is equivalent to simple file sharing in Windows XP.
    • When complete, click Share, and then click Done.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Auto mapping share permissions to file

1. Auto mapping share permissions to file - Similar Threads - Auto mapping share

2. Windows File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Sharing Permissions: Hi,So, for a few months now I have been using my home PC as a file server so that I could access the D drive of the PC with my laptop. However, I had set the permission so that all users on the network have full control over the drive. Obviously, this is a huge security...
  3. Windows File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Sharing Permissions: Hi,So, for a few months now I have been using my home PC as a file server so that I could access the D drive of the PC with my laptop. However, I had set the permission so that all users on the network have full control over the drive. Obviously, this is a huge security...
  4. Shared drive is not mapping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared drive is not mapping: Hello,We have created couple of users in AD what is happening now is that we are unable to map the shared drive. When we try to map the network drive it ask for credentials but correct user name/password entered but it says username or password incorrect. Is anyone able to...
  5. Shared drive is not mapping

Shared drive is not mapping: Hello,We have created couple of users in AD what is happening now is that we are unable to map the shared drive. When we try to map the network drive it ask for credentials but correct user name/password entered but it says username or password incorrect. Is anyone able to...
  6. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission-level access to my shared files for example I want computer A to have read-only permission and computer B to have read and write permission, what should I do?...
  7. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  8. File and folder sharing permission.

File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  9. File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing Permissions: I am trying to share files between two WIN 10 1909 PCs, and have set all the sharing options according to instructions. I am still getting an error on both that they do not have the required permissions. I have enabled file sharing with Everyone - read, write, everything....
  10. What are these permission in File Sharing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What are these permission in File Sharing?: Hello, What are these? Could you please more explain? and give one example and how are these work? [ATTACH] Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-permission-in-file-sharing/9125189e-09cc-4f36-95b6-a2ffd6772771