Windows 10: Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

Discus and support Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a tablet with builtin speakers and microphone. I'm using it for a voice recognition senerio, but when I ask it a question, the microphone picks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jjohnston7, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

I have a tablet with builtin speakers and microphone. I'm using it for a voice recognition senerio, but when I ask it a question, the microphone picks up its answer, and it replies I don't understand over and over again until I mute the speakers.

Is there a program, or setting that will mute the microphone when audio is played through the speakers, then auto un-mute when its done?

jjohnston7, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Cassie B Win User

muting microphone

Same issue. Windows 10 mutes the microphone only for Google Hangouts.
    I found it muted when I go to Sounds and I unmute but still doesn't work.

Troubleshooted from the sound icon and the mute issue didn't even come up as an issue.

Searched on microphone in search and then troubleshooted it from there (the troubleshooting looked different from there) and it came up that the microphone had been muted and was fixed. And guess what? I could use my microphone again.

I have found it will just mute itself again for no reason that I can find out.

Cassie B, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

1. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers - Similar Threads - Auto Mute microphone

2. Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.: My computer speaker audio output is not working. I can still hear sound through my headphones when I use them, but I cannot hear anything through the speakers that came with it-except for this weird clicking sound that I can hear even when the laptop is muted. I only hear...
  3. Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.: My computer speaker audio output is not working. I can still hear sound through my headphones when I use them, but I cannot hear anything through the speakers that came with it-except for this weird clicking sound that I can hear even when the laptop is muted. Do you have any...
  4. Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird clicking sound through internal speakers of computer even when muted.: My computer speaker audio output is not working. I can still hear sound through my headphones when I use them, but I cannot hear anything through the speakers that came with it-except for this weird clicking sound that I can hear even when the laptop is muted. Do you have any...
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  7. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  8. Auto muting of sound and microphone at random times when in Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto muting of sound and microphone at random times when in Zoom: when in Zoom both the sound and my microphone randomly auto mute. I can unmuted them using f5 and f8 buttons but it will later auto mute again. There appears to be no pattern to the amount of time it stays on. Sometime 1 minutes sometimes as many as 10. I do not use...
  9. no sound plays through internal speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  10. Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?: Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i mute my microphone sound plays through mic

2. How do I automatically mute the microphone when music is playing through the speakers

3. software to automatically mute pc mic when sound is played through speakers

4. auto mute mic when sound is playing through speakers software,
  5. when my microphone is muted it plays sounds through my computer still