Windows 10: Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesWGerber, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to see the delete button so I need three clicks to delete an email and move to the next item unlike the one click on every other email program. Any chance of getting this working correctly? There is plenty of screen room to have a delete button. In all the time I have been reading email on Windows, I've used archive maybe 4 or 5 times so why is this given preference with no way to change?

:)

JamesWGerber, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

1. Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Auto Open Next

2. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  3. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  4. Wndows Mail auto deleting all items in one folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wndows Mail auto deleting all items in one folder: Using Mail for Windows 10 or Windows Mail - I have many folders but, just one, isn't keeping emails sent there. As soon as I add new message, all others auto deletes. All other folders working fine. This folder is important. How to fix so that all emails remain in that...
  5. Geting a search item to open so the > is next to my folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Geting a search item to open so the > is next to my folder.: [img] below is what I need to see when I look at a folder. : [img] ON some systems when I do a search I can find a folder however I have to jump through many hoops to get it to open up with the > next to it [img] Is there a registry hack that will force windows to...
  6. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  7. Deleted items in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted items in Windows Mail: I have some 300 items in my Windows Mail deleted folder. Is there any way I can tell Mail to hold only the latest 50 deleted items only rather than occasionally enter the folder and delete a number of older items by hand? Thanks in advance for all help. 150705
  8. Auto Open Next Item in Portrait Mode

in Browsers and Email
    Auto Open Next Item in Portrait Mode: I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to see...
  9. Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10: Hello all Can you help me please? I have recently started working from home and am using Mail for Windows 10. There is just one problem - I cannot see older items - items shown in folders only go back about a month Is there anyway of seeing older items please?...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...