Windows 10: Auto play is not working

Discus and support Auto play is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My device's auto play is not working though i have checked that the settings for the auto play are correct and on. I have also checked the services... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joseph Lwambi, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Auto play is not working

My device's auto play is not working though i have checked that the settings for the auto play are correct and on. I have also checked the services that the shell hardware detection is automatic and running. I think the problem is in the registry editor where in the last part of the path, "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" am missing the explorer folder. Please help me solve this issue.

:)

Joseph Lwambi, Dec 19, 2019

2. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 19, 2019
  3. AUTO PLAY NOT WORKING in windows 10

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding AutoPlay on your computer, I suggest you to reset the settings of the auto play. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Search Control Panel and locate AutoPlay
    • See if the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices box is checked
    • Scroll down and click Reset all defaults
    • Insert the DVD and and see if AutoPlay is working

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Auto play is not working

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Auto play is not working

1. Auto play is not working - Similar Threads - Auto play working

2. Why doesn't auto play work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't auto play work?: For some reason, auto play doesn't start playing my DVDs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-auto-play-work/c347780b-0ef5-4947-8e2b-35e396f3df6c
  3. Why doesn't auto play work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't auto play work?: For some reason, auto play doesn't start playing my DVDs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-auto-play-work/c347780b-0ef5-4947-8e2b-35e396f3df6c
  4. Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file: I burned the file to the DVD as "Need to autostart.mpg"I then added an autorun.inf which contained:[autorun]OPEN="Need to autostart.mpg"When I insert the DVD I get:If I click on it, I get:How do I get the mpg file to open when the DVD is inserted?...
  5. Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file

Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file: I burned the file to the DVD as "Need to autostart.mpg"I then added an autorun.inf which contained:[autorun]OPEN="Need to autostart.mpg"When I insert the DVD I get:If I click on it, I get:How do I get the mpg file to open when the DVD is inserted?...
  6. auto play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  7. auto play

auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  8. auto play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto play: How do I get auto play to work. It's turned on but when I try to play a video on my BD E it won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-play/04c64a44-226c-4b5f-b3bf-13319f8ca64b
  9. Auto Play DVD Movie is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Play DVD Movie is not working: I went thru a recent upgrade, and now cannot get the display for the auto play dvd option. Can you please help and find out what I can do to get this feature back? Margie...
  10. Auto play does not seem to be working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto play does not seem to be working.: These are my settings, flash drives do not open explorer when plugged in. Nothing happening when I drop in a Blu-ray, nothing happening when I drop in a blank CD *Sad They show up in Explorer, but no auto play happening at all. Any ideas why not ? TIA *Smile 68148